“Highly recommend for a Brighton break.”
Review of My Brighton

My Brighton
Ranked #13 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed 3 June 2012

This is a modern , funky hotel situated in a great location by the North Lanes
The rooms are bright,colourful and fun.
The bed was very comfortable with nice bed linen.
The shower area is functional with quality products.
It's the best place to stay for a weekend in Brighton and doesn't cost the earth!
Highly recommend.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 June 2012

I would reccomend this Hotel definately, had a great stay, was situated brilliant for Restaurants and the night life of Brighton, couldn't be any better, it was clean and trendy, and the staff were so very helpful and nice.

Room Tip: Our room was a standard double really nice, quite, A/C great, and spotlessly clean, good strong show...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 June 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel for 1 night for an anniversary treat, picked mainly on the back of previously excellent reviews. Hotel looks good from the outside, and as previous reviewers have highlighted, the location is excellent, right by the Lanes and surrounded by a good selection of restaurants and bars. Reception staff perfectly polite, but fairly abrupt, gave us the key and offered nothing more than that, we had to come back down later and ask about breakfast, and whether we could take cocktails up to the room and so on, information that could have been provided on check in, or in the room.

On our way to the room my previous excitement and high expectations were starting to dissipate, the carpets in the corridors felt grubby and tired. Upon entering the room, I was struck by the feeling of cheapness in the decor. The flooring was a sort of plastic vinyl, reminding me of a hospital or institution. We had a superior room on the third floor, a yellow/green themed room, very spacious with large floor to ceiling windows, however these did not open giving a claustophobic, stuffy feeling. In fact we were so hot in the night we fell asleep with the air con on and woke up with very sore throats. The room was sparse, lacking in any extras, no fridge, no iron, very little storage space for clothes, which wasn't really an issue for us but should be noted if you were to stay longer than a night. There was a bizarre sconce candle type fitting on the wall, peeling with paint which didn't add anything to the look of the room. There was a kettle with a selection of teas. The bed was quite comfortable. The bathroom was just dire, the washbasin was plastic! Felt so cheap, and as noted, the toilet might as well not have a door at all, see through with a large hole in it at seating level and directly in eyeline from the bad didn't exactly set the scene for passion. 'See through' bathrooms have been done in much more tasteful, stylish ways elsewhere, this was just an ill thought out idea. I thought the room felt slightly grubby, the plastic flooring felt sticky and dusty. It just looked very tired and very dated, like someones idea of stylish in 2004.

The Chilli Pickle restaurant which is attached to the hotel was full but the menu looked delicious. In the evening we wanted to sample the cocktails, the bar was packed out with people in eveningwear, and bouncers on the door made for a pretty uncomfortable vibe, we were in jeans and felt rather out of place. We ended up taking them back to the room. We slept OK, didn't notice too much noise, I would imagine it would be quite noisy on the lower floors though. Breakfast was served in a coffee shop which is attached to the hotel. I have had some dodgy breakfasts in hotels before, but the selection available was shocking. A few pastries and croissants, a cold slab of a sort of sweet potato frittata, not really what you want at breakfast time, and a small selection of very sad looking fruit, some shrivelled grapes literally arranged in bunches of 4, and a couple of apples. It really was poor. We couldn't check out quicky enough. I would say it is 3 star, the location is perfect for one night but personally i wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the 3rd floor, and off street for a quieter nights sleep.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2012

The hotel is in a fantastic location, only 10 minutes walk from the seafront and surrounded by bars,restaurants and strange little shops. We paid for parking in the hotel which was... Interesting! Very small so could be dodgy if you have a big car, luckily we went in a fiesta. The car park is underneath the hotel and is handy if you have driven to Brighton.

The look and style of the hotel is fantastic, so modern and cool! The cleaners that came into the rooms were very friendly and paid a lot of attention to tidying up the rooms and making them clean.

The breakfast is in a little cafe and you have a choice of pastries, cereal and fruits etc. fine for what you need but could work out expensive if only having a yoghurt our something.

I loved my two night stay in Brighton and would definitely come back to my hotel and recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 29 May 2012

The location is good and the price good value. I liked the bar - pretty cool - and the Reception staff were friendly and helpful. I quite enjoyed the hustle and bustle of the breakfast cafe. TV channels were limited. My room (single occupant of standard double) felt like a prison cell. It was at the back of the hotel with the window facing (very close) on to a white wall. This was disappointing because it was very hot - it would have been nice to have had a view of "something" and to see sunshine. The minimalist design was a little too minimal for comfort. I did sleep well - no noise! I did not mind the small bathroom - it was clean and the shower was large and powerful - but not sure I would be happy sharing the overall limited space with husband...

Room Tip: I was on the Pink floor with a room at the back - best avoided if you are claustrophobic.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2012

I love the Myhotel in Brighton, especially for its bar. The hotel is a showcase of style and pride's itself in being different. Whether you are on the pink, orange or whatever floor you're garuanteed something different.
If you are looking at this for a business stay you may be a little disappointed as it doesn't have the usual iron, suitcase rack etc. things that you find elsewhere. If you're here for fun then you've definitely come to the right place. Its in the heart of the town with restaurants on every corner and theatres a short walk away.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 May 2012

Firstly GREAT location, within walking distance of the Lanes (both north and The), lots of local cafes and restaurants and relatively easy to find.
It is quirky but with nice touches. Candles in the foyer, fish tanks in the bar and soft glowing, colour changing lights in the rooms.
Loved the speakers in the room, plug and play. Sound proofing is not the best, so if you had neighbours from hell, i'd expect these could become troublesome.
Negatives - NO fridge / mini bar within standard room.
No window to open - did have air con but at the coast surely you cant beat the option of fresh air?
In our room the safe didnt work, the loo was "loose", threatening to come away and when you flush there is a slight "wiff" within the bathroom.
There was also a small lump of something stuck to the wall, it was very small, however with white walls it kinda stood out.
As per previous reviews the "toilet" is modern in that there is NO total privacy, noises and smells are shared......
The bar toilets are also "unisex". Not a problem for us but traditionalists may be surprised and it could be unsettling.
1 thing that did irk us was the parking. I know its a big issue within Brighton, but come on, a 4* hotel, charging £99 for a night can surely chuck in a free parking space?
We paid £15 which is cheaper than elsewhere but for me, its the principle, as per the title attention to detail is everything. Its the liitle things that make you remember - good or bad.

Postives - Great location, speakers about it really.

Would i recommend - yes i would for a single overnight stay with great location. More than that and i'd expect more, a lot more especially for 4*
If we go again, then i would look seriously consider a B&B.

Room Tip: no views really, we had courtyard (brick wall) others faced offices.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple