“Excellent stay”

Ranked #13 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
Essex, United Kingdom
“Excellent stay”
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Stayed as an overnight for a concert in the Brighton Dome. Very convenient location just a 2 minute stroll around the corner. Parked in the NCP 5 minutes walk away and was provided with a discount voucher on check out worth £6.50 off the 24 hour fee.

Welcome was very friendly and helpful with lcoal area explained and map provided. Rooms are modern and minimalist everything very clean and functioning as new. Stayed in a more superior double on the 2nd floor which had plenty of wardrobe space. Recommended.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (497)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 5 April 2013

This hotel is uber modern. It wont be to everyones tastes as it is little bit space aged in design. It certainly couldn't desribed as 'cosy' but is still quite impressive in its own way. Its finished to a very high standard and has lovely extras like the fact you can plug your ipod into the wall and get surround sound in your room. it also has the best mini bar selection I've ver seen! The staff are really friendly and helpful and the location is very central. I would stay here again.

Reviewed 1 April 2013

An excellent hotel. Modern and very different looking, but reasonably priced. It stands out against the mire of hiltons/premiers/accors/NHs and does something different without bumping up the price tag to the 200 mark.

The rooms are different - plenty of hanging space but no wardrobe, just clever hooks and coathangers built into the space. The reward for ditching the the wardrobe? (I mean really - does anyone need a wardrobe when the average stay duration is 2 nights?) A nicely spaced bathroom, big shower, a sink with a 180 degree shelves and mirrors.

On a personal note it was also lovely to find a hotel with such very excellent front of desk staff - they were achingly pleasant and should be congratulated on striving for a level of service comparable to a 5 star hotel rather than a city 4-star.

Woking, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2013 via mobile

It was our wedding anniversary and time for the customary couple of days away in Brighton.
We'd stayed at myhotel back in September last year for my birthday so it was a favourite for this stay, initially it looked a bit expensive but then we noticed a deal on a 2 night stay which meant it was within our price range.
We arrived a but early and our room wasn't ready but were allocated a parking space in the underground car park to enable us to go and get some lunch before checking in later.
As has been mentioned before the hotel is situated on a one way system and the entrance to the car park is before the parking spaces outside necessitating a loop before parking, not a problem if you know the area but possibly tricky for those not familiar with Brightons roads.

The service in check in from Toby was great, a very friendly welcome.

I had emailed to mention our wedding anniversary and received a reply saying a surprise would be in our room on arrival, there was a lovely handwritten note with best wishes for our anniversary and a slip for 2 complimentary cocktails in the bar.
A nice touch, the drinks were great I can thoroughly recommend the Spiced Espresso Martini.

The room was immaculately clean, plug sockets near the mirror (happy wife). We love the quirky rounded walls and glass doors.

The hotel is ideally situated for many of our favourite places to eat and the cinema (Dukes @ Komedia)

Overall, great friendly service in a great location

• Stayed March 2013
west yorkshire
Reviewed 30 March 2013

Why does this hotel get such good ratings? My partner and I stayed in a standard double room at £150 pounds a night without breakfast. It must be that the more expensive rooms and suites have better facilities but ours certainly did not. The main issue was lack of storage. There were no drawers so we had to use our suitcases. The only hanging arrangement was two metal rods protruding from a large mirror which was obscured when they were used. There was a tiny desk and chair and little else. The tv was reasonable but had limited channels, no Sky and only two radio channels. There were coffee and tea making facilities but no fridge so no opportunity to store fresh milk. The bathroom arrangement was awful. The wash basin area was open to the room and there was little surface area for cosmetics. The toilet was behind a brushed glass door with a large circular cut out for a handle and gaps top and bottom so minimal privacy. Had I been with my 18 year old son, he would have been mortified! I am all for quirky and interesting but not at the expense of comfort, functionality and common sense. The room was poorly sound proofed and we were woken up by loud music in the early hours of our second night. Reception dealt with this after a couple of attempts.
There were some positives. The hotel is in an excellent, central location, the room was well lit, the shower was good and the toiletries were nice. Staff were pleasant. However overall very disappointing and I would not stay again or recommend to my friends.

3 Thank byrony7
Reviewed 30 March 2013

My Husband and I stayed here for 1 night. When we arrived we paid £15 to park our car in their car park which we thought was reasonable as car parking is limited and expensive. Hotel receptionist was very friendly and offered up an upgrade to a superior room for an additional £15 which we accepted,m she also gave us a connection cable to plug into our ipods to play sound surround music. We were given a choice of floor and each floor has a colour theme. We choose the 3rd floor which was blue and lime. Room was very nice and the bed very comfortable. We were street side and we did not hear a thing even though a food festival was taking place the next day. The only think that I feel was missing from the room was a couple of comfortable chairs as there were only canteen style chairs to sit on. I would recommend the hotel for a couple of night stay

UK
Reviewed 30 March 2013 via mobile

This place advertises itself as a 4 star hotel but it hasn't a proper in house restaurant, nor a proper breakfast room, nor the possibility of ordering breakfast in bed.
The good point is the lovely and unusual room. Couldn't fault it's wonderful 60s/70s inspired decor. The bad points are 1. The in house restaurant advertised as such on the website isn't even accessible from the hotel. We had to go out in the freezing cold to get there. When we arrived we were told they were fully booked. We said but we are hotel residents. We're nothing whatsoever to do with the hotel, they said! Very unimpressed. I'd have never booked into a hotel without an in house restaurant. Weirdly we were able to order the restaurant food as room service, so that's what we did. 2. The breakfast room turned out to be an upmarket version of a Starbucks type cafe! Hmmm, not at all what you expect from a high class hotel. You had to queue with non-residents to order. No waiter service. No full English breakfast. 3. There was no chance to order breakfast in bed. I had to go down to the cafe and get takeaway coffees and a croissant and bring them back to the room.

• Stayed March 2013