“Wonderful welcome”

Ranked #12 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Wonderful welcome”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2013

We booked into this hotel when we went down to help our daughter move house.
ALthough we were probably much older than the usual clientele we were greeted by Toby at reception in such a way that we felt special and very welcome. He recommended a great cocktail which I tried on our second night when we ventured into the well known Merkaba.

Our room was very retro and had everything we needed. We loved sitting at the white sofa in the window watching the shenanigans in the street below. Great fun.

Room Tip: Choose a room at the front so you can watch the world go by.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (487)
  • Polish first
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2013

The hotel is very central. It has a fab bar in the hotel and its busy on night. We had some fab cocktails there.

Rooms are lovely - this is the second time we stayed so this time we upgraded to the larger rooms as some of the basic rooms are small.

Great ipod sound system in the rooms. Fun hotel. Lovely staff.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank macbook8643
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2013

Second stay here now, and it's benefited from a re-fresh. Actually, the outside is ever so slightly ominous I feel- but it's within that concept that the boutique style starts before you've even gone through the door. Overall theme of white, with vibrant splashed of colour, mixes of world fabrics and patterns combined with the utilitarian neon plastic floor makes it not only fresh and modern, but also a little quirky.

But don't get me wrong- this is a hotel that know's what it's doing. Reception service is decent, although a little frosty at times. Location is faultless! The room appears minimalist, and in design it is- but the massive floor to ceiling window (with blind), circular bed and colourful design is perfectly matched. I think its fair to say, the hotel has honest rates.

Enjoyable- more geared to the leisure traveller I think though.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2013

I only stayed in the hotel for one night but wanted to permanently move in. My room was in perfect condition when I arrived and throughout the evening the staff were extremely helpful.

We started our night in Merkaba where the bar team were amazing and seemed geared up to celebrate my birthday with me! They created an amazing atmosphere for me and my friend even though the bar had only just opened and had very few people in it.

The team on reception were equally as friendly and wished me happy birthday multiple times! It was a lovely feeling.

When we then returned later with a few more people, we were welcomed back by all the staff and able to have an area in the bar to ourselves.

When it came to going back to the room, I have to say that the bed I slept in was probably the most comfortable bed I have ever experienced. We were fortunate enough to have blackout curtains in the room which was another pure luxury.

Overall I could not fault my experience in this hotel. The location is spectacular, the rooms are amazing, and the staff are incredible! What more could you need?

I urge you to go and see for yourself.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Cornwall
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2013

Location, ambience and funky decor made this hotel the perfect place for a night away with our friends to celebrate the boys 50th birthdays. For a Tuesday night the merkaba bar was pleasantly populated, I enjoyed an amazing cocktail made from my favourite ingredients. We also had a nice complimentary glass of prosecco from the management to start the night off in style. Then the bar man, who was friendly and just did what they do best - get us in the mood for a very long night! Lovely atmosphere and good prices.
The room also did not disappoint. Funky but functional, clean and with everything you would expect from a four star hotel. Would have liked some shelves lower in wardrobe, problematic if you were staying longer than a few days as we only had a few items which we had plenty of hangers for.
Carpark was small but good price for overnight stay and we paid an extra £5 and left the car there all afternoon. Loved Brighton and the location between the old and the new Laines with restaurants and Bars surrounding the hotel. Visited the Pavillon the following morning which was surprisingly fabulous.
Loved Brighton, loved myhotel - go and see for yourself.

Room Tip: Room 274 faced the square, great for people watching but the library has spot lights above which shi...
Worthing, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2013

We loved the location of this hotel, so close to everything. There is no need for a car in Brighton as everything is in walking distance from Jubilee Street &, anyway, there are loads of buses. The hotel itself is very modern & clean & encompassed by a trendy bar, the Merkaba , the very popular Small Batch Coffee shop & the very different curry restaurant, the Chilli Pickle (We went twice, it was so amazing).
The room itself was minimalist, clean & made us smile each time we went in...just so different! The linen was immaculate & the bed comfortable & despite the central location we were able to have a snooze in the afternoon without being disturbed by outside influences!
The reception staff were very helpful and friendly at all times and we were very impressed by the room staff too who kept our room immaculate for the 4 nights we were there.
There is no restaurant within the hotel but it made it perfect for us to go exploring for different breakfast locations each morning &, of course, you are spoiled for choice in Brighton!
We were lucky that we had a special deal for our stay so were very happy with the price of the room.

Room Tip: We were given a choice of "orange" or "blue" & chose orange which was the ro...
1 Thank Reterpinel
North Yorkshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights this week. The location is really good and its clean and modern but way overpriced. Our room was a superior double so didn't see what the regular double looked like but it wasn't as luxurious as I thought it would be. The bar prices were unbelieveable. We had two regular drinks and when we paid the bar bill on check out the receptionist asked if we had had cocktails! Breakfast was decidedly underwhelming too. On the plus side the bed was comfortable, as were the pillows. I've stayed in other boutique hotels/b and b's which were better value for money. Don't think I'll be using this hotel again unfortunately.