“"Classy Hotel with a warm feel"”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of My Brighton

My Brighton
Ranked #12 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“"Classy Hotel with a warm feel"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

Beautiful surrounding warm and friendly feel. Perfect location, bang in the middle of everything. The most friendly staff we've ever met. Fabulous experience from Reception staff and bar staff. Have started recommending already. Breakfast in the morning was yummy. My only fault would be the expensive car park. Yes its Brighton, but £29.50 is a little bit expensive to be honest.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (487)
  • Polish first
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

I arrived late at night around 11 pm. I was checked in by George, who was very efficient. I had a choice of room between pink orange and blue floors. I picked the blue one. it was extremely comfortable.

The mattress is very firm, which is excellent if you have to stand up all day like I do. I was in room 394 which Is a standard double room, but it's on a corner so it has a wardrobe, mini bar, and a small table.

The wi fi was quick enough for watching the BBC iPlayer, so that ticked all my boxes, although apparently the wifi code will lock itsel to the first device that it is used on. To get another add an A on to the end of the number. George assured me he could make more if I needed them.

The shower is very spacious. The shampoo is luxurious and you have a wide range of body washes.

I tried to use the kettle with the wrong plug and blew the room's fuse. I called the front desk, and Nancy dealt with it immediately. I realised afterwards the plugs are labeled as being for chargers only! My mistake.

To conclude, very good service and good looking room with everything you'd expect in a hotel like this. Might be worth upgrading if you're there for more than one night, as I was offered an upgrade to a superior double room for ten pounds. I know there's normally a twenty pound difference between the two on the website.

Room Tip: 394 and presumably 393 are corner rooms so they've got more stuff. If you can get those two, ask...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

finally an hotel different from the usual chains. Superfunky colors, great cocktail bar, free wifi, cool and friendly staff, carpark on site (tip: book in advance). We celebrated our anniversary here and we wo,t forget it! see you next year!

Room Tip: Loved the moresuperior room, the second floor is orange!
ubud
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

Stayed here for one night - great welcome from Billy on arrival at the reception, discounted parking at the ncp car park round the corner, choice of colour of rooms. Room as always is very clean, very funky, hot shower and lovely bedding. Bar downstairs is always lively and serves great cocktails. right in the middle of the Laines and not a far walk from the front. would definately stay here again......

Munich, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

My partner and I have had a luxurious most enjoyable experience staying in myhotel with wonderful hospitality and personal touch. We booked a standard room and received a complimentary "Lucky upgrade" on arrival to one of the Bamboo suite. All I can say is wow!!!. The room was spotlessly clean, the minibar was well stocked, large selection of organic tea, filtered coffee (never seen before) etc. The bar also had a promotion going on for £5 cockrtails on a Friday Night and we had some amazing cocktails in the bar for a fairly cheap spend. The staff was very friendly and courteous. We will be returning. THANK YOU!

Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

If you're looking for something a bit different from the "norm" then look no further than this beauty!.. Great location, close to the seafront, shops and bars and restaurants.. The room was superb, great design with a funky feel, from the curved walls to the floor to ceiling windows, with a double seat to relax and watch the world go by!.. you can also plug your IPod/MP3 player in the wall and listen through the ceiling speakers! The staff were very friendly and helpful, the hotel bar was busy with a great atmosphere, with some cool seating areas and fish tanks in the walls.. All in all a great stay!.. We shall be returning!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed for the weekend and loved it. The location is amazing, minutes away from my favourite bits of Brighton with lots of lovely cafes, thrift shops, pubs and restaurants on your doorstep. The hotel staff were incredibly polite and helpful, the bar was cool with excellent cocktails and the room itself was great. We had a superior double on the second floor with a lovely window seat for people watching. The bed was super comfy, the room was spacious, and we didn't hear any noise at all, it was wonderfully quiet. Would highly recommend staying here.