“A good hotel but room for improvement”
Review of My Brighton

My Brighton
Ranked #13 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

I was working in Brighton and stayed at the hotel. Its quite qwerky and nice inside but part of my deal was I got a welcome drink which I never got. The wifi only allows you to connect two devices to if by way of a code which is annoying. The blinds just about cover the windows from offices oposite but dont completely block the light out. I was on the top floor hoping for a bit of quiet from the pubs and goings on in the street. Not too bad on the noise front, better than being on the waterfront.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (2,313)

Reviewed 4 December 2013

We stayed in the Harrington suite which is actually a "one room hotel" around the corner from the main Myhotel. You still check in at main reception though and get all of the usual benefits, room service, daily cleaning and mini bar re-stocking etc. We found the service at the reception very friendly, helpful and efficient, and we tried the hotel bar for cocktails in the evening and enjoyed it, very good cocktails, friendly bar staff, the crowd were a little bit "Essex" for us though :)
Our room was incredible (have a look at the photos), like a converted chapel, large stained glass window, claw foot bath, big wide and very comfortable bed. We loved it an a great place to take someone special for a treat - anniversary, birthday etc.

Room Tip: The Harrington suite is the one to go for if your budget (or plastic) will stretch to it, an amazing...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 December 2013

It’s really well located during the day but the night is a different matter - busy pub and busker outside the window till early hours. All the staff are trendy and friendly and the décor is smart and clean. Room was a bit overpriced lots of cast plastic FHM designs, but flawed as a top hotel. The toilet, for example, had a glass door so you were always visible creating awkward moments if sharing! Breakfast overpriced and should have been included. Good for a stag do/hen night but not a romantic break. Not bad by any stretch but wouldn’t stay there again.

Room Tip: Stay away from the ones rooms on the right if facing
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank smb1975
Reviewed 1 December 2013

creative deco and comfortable space where all type of travel are fitting. One Tesco just right across the hotel for daily supply... 5 min walk to the shopping center and 10 mins walk to the pier of Brighton a very convenient hotel to stay.

Room Tip: you have to ask for room type and decoration before your reservation, each floor is in different th...
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Just returned from a lovely mid week stay at myhotel brighton. After staying at the chelsea hotel i heard about the brighton hotel and thought i would give it a go. I was in Brighton on business so thought why not.

The hotel is located in a fantastic position, Brighton being small a lot of other hotels are centrally located but this is bang in the middle. no more than a 5 minute walk to everything.
As i was hear on business i decided not to fork out lots of money but go for something, i chose a standard double, think was room 377 on the blue floor (guy at check in asked me what floor colour i would like and as blue is my favourite colour was a no brainer), the room was very basic but given the price of £85 i could not complain. The room comes with all the basic amenities of a standard room. i understand that the higher room categories come with wardrobe and minibar but my room did not.

The bathroom, while open plan did not cause me any issues as i was on my own, the bed was ridiculously comfortable. I even contacted the hotel after to find out where they buy their mattresses from.

I did not use the bar by reception but it looked very swanky and stylish.
The only issue i did have was the breakfast which i did not think followed the same style as the rest of the hotel.

All in all a fantastic stay but next time will not get Breakfast with the room

Reviewed 29 November 2013

Beautiful surrounding warm and friendly feel. Perfect location, bang in the middle of everything. The most friendly staff we've ever met. Fabulous experience from Reception staff and bar staff. Have started recommending already. Breakfast in the morning was yummy. My only fault would be the expensive car park. Yes its Brighton, but £29.50 is a little bit expensive to be honest.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I arrived late at night around 11 pm. I was checked in by George, who was very efficient. I had a choice of room between pink orange and blue floors. I picked the blue one. it was extremely comfortable.

The mattress is very firm, which is excellent if you have to stand up all day like I do. I was in room 394 which Is a standard double room, but it's on a corner so it has a wardrobe, mini bar, and a small table.

The wi fi was quick enough for watching the BBC iPlayer, so that ticked all my boxes, although apparently the wifi code will lock itsel to the first device that it is used on. To get another add an A on to the end of the number. George assured me he could make more if I needed them.

The shower is very spacious. The shampoo is luxurious and you have a wide range of body washes.

I tried to use the kettle with the wrong plug and blew the room's fuse. I called the front desk, and Nancy dealt with it immediately. I realised afterwards the plugs are labeled as being for chargers only! My mistake.

To conclude, very good service and good looking room with everything you'd expect in a hotel like this. Might be worth upgrading if you're there for more than one night, as I was offered an upgrade to a superior double room for ten pounds. I know there's normally a twenty pound difference between the two on the website.

Room Tip: 394 and presumably 393 are corner rooms so they've got more stuff. If you can get those two, ask...