“Super cool! I love it!”

Ranked #13 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
London, United Kingdom
“Super cool! I love it!”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

I go to Brighton from time to time when I need to take a break from London routine and my choice is always myhotel Brighton. The rooms are different, spotless and relaxing. The staff is so friendly and I usually follow their recommendation to chose the room type and I am never disappointed. The bar is the best "cocktails factory" ever! I have been there quite a few times already and the feeling is still the same, this hotel gives you positive energy! If you are open minded and you are looking for an experience I would suggest to try it at least once.

Room Tip: more superior or studio
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (493)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 December 2013

The Myhotel is gorgeous enough in itself with a lively cocktail bar. We chose an adjacent suite with own door entrance with courtyard. Divine staircase leads up to a chandelier made of crystal glasses, and small tea coffee area and then the main room with another chandelier made of black lego and a massive silver bath ball and claw feet in the room. Big bed with pop up bar from the piano bed side cabinets and interesting ways to hang your clothes. Dont want to spoil it but its a fun and sexy place to stay in the centre of town.

Room Tip: apparently you get an upgrade for an extra tenner.
1 Thank vintagegirl34
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 December 2013

We have stayed twice before at My Hotel Brighton, and always had a good time.

This Christmas after a 3 night disaster, however is going to be our last stay there.

They've franchised out the restaurant, and closed even the option of adding its services to your bill. The original My Hotel in-house restaurant was a real gem, where breakfast was cooked to order with the chef on view in the open kitchen, and eaten in a light air restaurant with a view onto the busy local outside.

Now direct access from the hotel is closed and "breakfast", now re-named as "continental" is a poor value minimal choice of low value produce in the dimly light cock-tail bar.
This now DIY service is put out on the non refrigerated bar top of the cocktail bar which still has the lingering sweaty nightclub ambiance of the night before and in area with no natural light or seats to see the typical bustling area of Brighton outside.

This is a REAL shame, as the food comes from the excellent Small Batch Coffee shop which does have a direct open doorway into it from the Hotel, and DOES look out onto the street and DOES have wonderful choice and standards of quality food.

I can only surmise that the hotel has decided to opt for the minimal cost option of their next door S/batch Coffee Shop's answer of a Tesco Value package.

On Christmas eve having had a super night in a local restaurant and checked out the local pubs nearby, when we came back to the hotel at 10.30 they had decided to shut the bar!

There was no room service, and we were told that we could always buy something from the mini bar in our room!

On our last (the third night) after having trouble tying to sleep the previous 2 nights in the smallest of "double" beds, (despite this being a large "superior room" which had room for 2 double beds they only had a small 5ft wide double).
We asked at reception if could one of us have use of a bedroom (any bedroom) so that we could at least both have a good nights sleep (albeit apart) as by this time we both were ready to get up early on Boxing day and escape "My Hotel".

At 11pm despite having only 40 guest and lots of empty rooms £70.00 was the price of a bed to reflect the cost of changing the bed linen and I might have used the loo or a towel, having spent almost £600. at the My Hotel for our stay already I wasn't prepared to take this kind offer.

Will we be going back? NO, not even if we were paid, but we will go to the Seattle at Brighton Marina, which has the same style of "cool modern" appeal, but with the level of service/food/comfort and a bar that stays open till you want go to bed! Which is where I'd suggest anyone with a budget over £120 a night should go.

Jim Norris. 28.12.13

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
3 Thank JimNorris526
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 December 2013

The room was as if designed by child architect
It lacked privacy for the clients
The sound of breaking bottles each very early morning was disturbing
The continental breakfast was the worst we have ever had

Room Tip: Be specific as to your needs
1 Thank IGM743
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 December 2013

This hotel does everything right. The staff are incredibly friendly and react immediately to requests for assistance. The lobby and bar are beautiful and the communal areas of the hotel are modern, clean and perfectly maintained. The rooms themselves are literally works of art! Beautifully designed but also incredibly comfortable and well stocked with everything you might need. I would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone. There is no other hotel in Brighton that comes close.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Arya M
Kings Langley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Stayed here last year to, I really like this hotel, very central with parking (must be pre booked). The staff are really lovely, rooms and really cool. I love the little touches, good selection of treats in the mini bar and having robe, slippers, dvd player in the room. Toiletries are fab as well. I sleep notoriously badly, especially in a new place for the first night, but I slept like a log at MyHotel. All in another fab stay. Thank You

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Hove, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 December 2013

We stayed in this beautiful Hotel and had a fab time. With it's location to close to clubs, we were in the middle of it all. The Hotel service is savvy, the Bar is fantastic, cocktails it high recommend, all the bar tenders are super friendlily specially matt with made the crazes cocktails . Will return .

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends