“Weekend outing”

My Brighton
Ranked #13 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
“Weekend outing”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I stayed in one of the Superior Double rooms. The decor is really nice and fresh and I have a comfy window-bench to sit and read. I was travelling with a friend to see a concert and we had some pre-drinks in Merkaba, hotel's bar - they serve some great drinks. Overall very good experience, friendly staff and smooth express check-out (you fill out the form and are ready to go!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Bart K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (489)
  • Polish first
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 January 2014

My partner and I stayed at My Hotel on a business trip, with the cost covered by my company so I don't know and can't comment on the value for money. But the room was stunning. A breath-taking design with bright colours and curves, it borders on Austin Powers-style, but veers away towards and modern and stylish decor. I don't know if it's ergonomically designed, but we instantly felt comfortable and relaxed. Despite our room being at the front of the building we weren't disturbed by noise from the busy street below. I had the best night's sleep in an age in the big bed. The snacks in the room were great, offered a real range and seemed reasonably priced. The staff at reception were bright, bubbly and helpful. It is in a great location for Brighton too. We were really impressed.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Kimberly M
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Perfect hotel for a weekend in Brighton.

Good location, reasonably priced, friendly staff, quirky and clean rooms (good size too). We stayed on the 1st floor on the main road and weren't kept up or woken up.

Don't hesitate, book it, we will next time we're in town!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank William R
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Stayed overnight for a Hen Party.. great room, you could choose your colour theme!! I went for pink!! Checkin was effortless and very friendly receptionist. They gave you a cable to stream your iphone/ipod music through the speakers..Paid £99 for double room... no breakfast, but there is "Bill's" round the corner for Breakfast which was Lovely! ..expect to queue for Bills! it's very popular.. My Hotel Great Central location... has parking also.. Ring ahead to book that.. not sure what the rate was? Would highly recommend this hotel for a stay in Brighton.

Room Tip: Depends on your favourite colour, they give you a choice of colour theme! :)
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank LpSd
Chichester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

What a superb place, slap bang in the midst of lively Brighton. Wonderful service from Federico upon arrival and the penthouse Carousel suite is to die for. Double ended bath tub in the corner with sheepskin rug and ceiling height mirrors. Walk in rain shower and steam too. We were really impressed.

Stayed January 2014
Bracknell, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

We have booked a suite at this hotel for my husbands birthday in June so we thought we'd have a trial run staying here this weekend. We booked the 'More Superior' room.
Overall there's nothing to complain about, my only comment (which I also mentioned when I checked out) was that as the room was so modern in its minimalist look it was very clinical without there being any flowers/plants in the room. Also, the toilet door was a piece of frosted glass and there was no bathroom door, so I can imagine for couples who aren't necessarily open about their ablutions or just starting out may find it a touch unnerving!!
Downstairs was a lovely cocktail bar where the staff were friendly and helpful.
All in all it was great and excellently located, we're very much looking forward to going back in June and have recommended it to the three other couples who will be joining us.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I stayed for one night, in a twin room and enjoyed my stay.

Positives:

-Staff
-Location
-Beds

Negatives:

-Breakfast
-Open plan rooms

This is not a traditional hotel, so if you're looking for the classic hotel lounge bar to escape from the world, or breakfast in bed etc. this is probably not the place for you. It's aimed at younger clientele who like a busy hotel bar open to the public. I enjoyed it, but can see how it could be a 'Marmite' hotel.

Would I recommend it? Sure, if you can get a room for £90-100 then it's good value.

• Stayed January 2014