My Brighton
  • Breakfast included
Hotel du Vin(Brighton)
US$186
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Brighton(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$148
  • Restaurant
Ibis Brighton City Centre Station(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$111
PremierInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
2,346 results
All reviewscocktail barchilli pickletoilet dooropen plan bathroomfrosted glass doorcarousel roomcurved wallsfunky hoteltesco expresssuperior roomcar parkthe penthousehotel barnorth lainesteam roomcentral locationdvd player
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Firstly, I stayed here once before with my girlfriend (our first hotel together over 3 years ago) and thought it was wonderful. We had a superior double room, and we did really enjoy the stay.

Our previous experience prompted my New Years Eve booking - this time I opted for an upgraded more superior room with floor to ceiling windows and inclusive of parking.

(NOTE: important point towards the bottom of this review)

Having initially booked a more superior room by telephone on 24th December, I enquired about the possibility of cancelling my reservation on the 30th December, I phoned myhotel and spoke to the manager Freddy. Please note I was ENQUIRING if it were possible - this point is very important later on.

Freddy explained as it was after 2pm the day before our visit, we would not be able to cancel the room, however, due to it being one of the most busiest nights he could attempt to re-sell the room should I decide I wanted to do so. At no point did I ask to cancel the room, this was made very clear, it was simply agreed that I would phone the next day (NYE) to confirm if we would like to cancel the booking.

We decided to stick with the room and did not want to cancel the booking, it was clear that no further communication was required and we therefore arrived in Brighton at 6:30pm on NYE. On arrival we were understandably shocked and disappointed to learn that our room had been "cancelled". We had not spoken to myhotel to request this, we had NOT BEEN NOTIFIED (again very important point) of any cancellation and even our parking permit was sitting at the front desk ready to go with our entry code. A female member of staff initially took responsibility after checking the system to discover the room was reallocated at 10am on NYE. The female member of staff advised the only room available was a basic, with two single beds pushed together. I was asked to pay the NYE premium price on the most basic room, something like £230 which is way more than I had paid for the more superior, needless to say I asked to speak to the manager.

Once the manager arrived, I quickly discovered it was Freddy, the same member of staff I had briefly spoken to the night before. Firstly, his attitude was appalling. He argued with me, dismissed my comments entirely, repeatedly interrupted to tell me 'no' mid sentence and finally accused me of cancelling the room. I told Freddy I had not cancelled the room, simply enquired about the possibility of doing so and was told no it was not possible (as above). I asked why he did not notify us of the cancellation, his response "I'm still on shift arent I". - outrageous! As previously stated, the room was cancelled at 10am so I can only assume he was waiting for us to arrive after 2pm to inform us verbally??? Unbelievable.

As I had a meal booked with my girlfriend, I decided to accept the basic room as I was already very tired and frustrated with the constant back and forth. Freddy initially tried to charge me £200-£230 (more than I had paid for the More Superior room) based on occupancy rules, followed by £160 and finally £120, for the lowest standard of room available in the hotel, whilst at the same time completely inadequate. This room can be booked for £75..........

After all of this, we attempted to park only to discover the hotel had also OVERSOLD the spaces meaning we were forced to find alternative parking. Freddy again seemed uninterested, and finally the female member of staff offered us a 25% discount on multi-storey NCP parking - still £25.10.

Add to this the fact the DVD player did not work in our room, the bedside lamps were also dead, and reception would not answer the telephone to help.

Overall, we are truly gutted. We had booked the top floor, panoramic view room, instead we were left in a box room with a white building wall 2ft from the window. We were also late for our meal as a result of arguing with Freddy for so long, ended up soaking wet walking back from the NCP car park, when we should have had plenty of time and underground parking.

There was absolutely no attempt to put this right on the night or any sympathy towards our New Year being ruined. I'm genuinely still so angry that a "guest relations manager" can have such poor customer service skills.

I have complained, and received an offer from Sarah the hotel manager for a £75 stay with the hotel. I am not going to pay you (AGAIN) for the SECOND time to stay somewhere I have absolutely no faith in??? I completely rejected the offer, and asked for a further gesture - I believe it is up to the hotel to restore my faith in the brand and ensure I have a pleasant stay, free of charge, with no random cancellations and attitude from staff - they do not agree.

Sarah has reiterated her belief that the proper procedure was followed (despite the procedure being to contact a guest even IF they had requested a re-sell and the room being subsequently sold). She has also advised the following "I believe that the procedure to resell the room was followed and this would not have been offered or discussed if it was not made clear the room was going back on sale" - no, no, no. So I am lying? And I would also turn up on NYE with my girlfriend, knowing full well the room was sold - interesting logic there.

No doubt management will respond on here, to highlight their belief that the procedure was followed, but no I'm sorry - it clearly wasn't.

---- /////// ---- ANYWAY, HERE IS THE IMPORTANT BIT ---- \\\\\\\ ---- The company I work for record all outbound and inbound calls, and I have a copy of the call made to myhotel brighton on disk. I'll be sending this to head office shortly, in order to prove my case. I couldn't care less about staying at the hotel at this point, I'd just like to highlight how poorly they dealt with the situation and the fact I have essentially been labelled a liar by management. It's almost unbelievable how the manager (twice) had to go and check with her member of staff to establish the truth - poor complaints management and a shame they employ a liar.

I hope the manager, member of staff and hotel in general receive further training with regards to customer service and following their processes, once head office receive my email.

I would definitely recommend you check out other nearby hotels such as Drakes, as they offer a better quality of accommodation and customer service.

Not impressed at all.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
14  Thank Loveridge-A
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I love this hotel.. its UNIQUE with colour themed rooms, spotlessly clean/modern style and very helpful friendly staff from the Reception to the cocktail bar.... The room has speakers which you can plug your phone into with a lead they provide for you so u can have music throughout the room...It has its own car park below for £20 a night.... I will be coming back again in March and we are looking to book the Bamboo room with th free standing bath.. cant wait!!! MYHOTEL all the way!!!!

Room Tip: we went for a superior room.... nice size and view of the street in front..... with all windows at the front....
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GraylingT
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I hadn't made arrangements to stay at this hotel, my wife had done that. To me it was going to be a surprise. I parked the car in their underground car park. The signs for reception were very helpful. We passed several staff members on our way who were helpful and pleasant.
Our booking in at reception was itself an enjoyable experience. Having been on the road for at least four hours I like things to be pleasant, comfortable and with no hiccups.
On arrival at our room, (having passed through the corridors of interesting, eye-pleasing décor), I immediately felt completely at home. The room had everything you would expect of a four star hotel, and more.

This is my first at a so called designer hotel and I really enjoyed stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mel W
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Stayed at myhotel brighton 1/01/14. Checked in early no problem staff friendly stayed in a Superior Double room modern contemporary stylish and spotlessly clean. Location for this hotel is in one of the best places as its in the north lanes so everything is on your door step an array of bar restaurants and shopping to your hearts content. The hotel bar is obviously one of the places to be as people were queuing to get in the atmosphere is great. All in all our experience was Amazing. Oh forgot to mention if your driving as you may or may not know parking is a issue the hotel has parking but its very limited so pre book or there is a NCP two min walk away and if you tell reception the will give you a discount card to put in the machine when you pay which gives you a massive saving we paid £27 for 27hours of parking result when you look at the charges.

Room Tip: No tip as all rooms are Amazing
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fruit0000
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I stayed in one of the Superior Double rooms. The decor is really nice and fresh and I have a comfy window-bench to sit and read. I was travelling with a friend to see a concert and we had some pre-drinks in Merkaba, hotel's bar - they serve some great drinks. Overall very good experience, friendly staff and smooth express check-out (you fill out the form and are ready to go!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends