“A lovely hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
Beverley
“A lovely hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

I spent just the one night at the myhotel with one double room for myself and one twin room for my grandson and his pal, I,ts fairly easy to find this hotel but beware of the one way system as you turn off the main road, Jubilee road where the hotel is situated is just a short distance on your right so slow down when nearing the hotel, there is space to pull in outside the hotel but if your using the hotel car park then unfortunately you,ve already passed the barrier so after booking in you can either do as I did and I,m not telling you what I did because it,s illegal or you have to drive all the way round the one way system to get to the start of the hotel where the barrier to the car park is.
Booking in is easy with a very pleasant staff waiting to greet you, and for me the joy of the hotel is that the cocktail bar is right next to the reception area, however the joy evaporated just a smidgen when I visited later in the night ,however I,ll tell you all about that later.
This is a newish hotel and everything is where you would expect it the very efficient lifts to your rooms are next to reception and the rooms are easy to find, I was given two key cards and upon entering the room was pleased to find it warm light and airy, very modern with a quite lovely vanity and shower / toilet area stocked with all of the things you would need for your stay ie shampoo, body wash , fresh soap plenty of towels etc and all lovely and clean, the bed itself ,once I,d figured out how to get into it was very comfortable.
After a quick wash I went down to the cocktail bar and it is well named serving plenty of cocktails if that,s your thing, a warm comfortable place to spend a few hours, that is until you order your drinks ,I,m sure the very pleasant barmaid never spotted how many times I gulped when after ordering two small bottles of lager , she asked me for 8 pounds ( 8 quid a pint ) but of course it,s relative to where I live in Beverley where a pint is about £ 3.30 and this is Brighton . I,d never been so pleased in my life that my grandson, whom I love dearly, and his pal had decided to desert me ( and go on the town ) anyway fortuitously I was a little tired after driving all day so after 4 or 5 pints I retired to my bed .
Would I go back again to this hotel . You bet your life, it was fantastic. .

Room Tip: I only know two rooms one on the second floor and one on the third floor, both Quiet and excellent v...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (486)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

I stayed here during Party Conference and it made a nice change to be somewhere with a bit of character. Yes everything's trying slightly too hard to be cool or trendy - and design is prioritised over practicalities or usefulness - but I liked it. We had a lovely room overlooking the square which felt light, white and airy. At breakfast, the lone staff member struggled to keep up with the guests, but overall a better experience than I've had before in Brighton during Conference.

Room Tip: Loved the ceiling to floor window in our room overlooking the square.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

Location ok, staff very nice and helpful. The hotel is overrated IMO and not of a 4 star to my mind. The decor was a bit bizarre in that you could look out from the bathroom in to the bedroom, no big deal, except if you needed the loo at night then putting the light on would mean there was light in the bedroom. There was no minibar in our room. One plastic chair at the little desk was a bit pointless and not very opulent. No ironing facilities in the room. Continental breakfast was ok, but the toaster needs replacing as do some of the seat covers in the bar. Not sur

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

I stayed in this hotel with a friend last minute and was greeted by lovely and helpful receptionist Billie. Being last minute we didn't have any plans for dinner or drinks and she was very knowledgable about the area.

The room was very nice and clean, with all mod cons, toiletries etc. Although we were facing the main street outside our window, we didn't hear anything.

Bar and restaurant downstairs was very lively and pleasant staff, with a good atmosphere.

Very local to everywhere and good facilities near by (tesco express opposite, gym, shops, etc).

Overall brilliant time and look forward to coming back again soon.

• Stayed January 2014
Winchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

Excellent location -near train station, the Lanes, north Laines, Theatre, Royal Pavilion, and I could go on......it really is in the heart of Brighton. However, the hotel is an oasis of calm. The rooms and décor fall into the Brighton quirky category - in a good way mind you. Comfy beds and peaceful nights all round. Opt for the non incl breakfast and mooch to the local cafes to get the real Brighton life vibe.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

Great hotel. Stayed in a superior double and it was spacious, quirky and had a great mini bar! Not everyone would like the location as our bedroom window opened up to work offices but we weren't bothered for one night and it was great location for the lanes! The staff were fantastic, they really went out their way to help and make the stay that bit extra special. Would def stay again.

• Stayed March 2014
guidlford
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

I must admit I was terribly excited to stay at this hotel as it looked so funky and different. I paid £320 (£120 for a double and £170 for a superior double). The double was ok and the superior larger with wonderfully large windows across the room but sadly to face a block of offices. Thankfully it was the weekend because quite frankly to wake up and open the blinds to a sea of faces would be rather embarrassing! You have to be open minded regarding the washing facilities as the bathroom (so to speak has no door). The shower and toilet do but you can see straight through the glass as well as hear unless the television is on, which is fine if you are not the shy retiring type! Hairdryer supplied but the lead would not reach the mirror so I had to hazard a guess which was not good! Tea and coffee (which was very nice) but no breakfast, Tesco across the way. Free toiletries but no hair conditioner. Also the TV had some channels but the hand set did not have a guide so you had to flick through which I know is no great shakes but for the price I wanted more! The room was very clean, the bed very comfortable but the ledge that ran along the bed too long, you had to swing out and sadly I did not my tea over! simple room and lovely to see an ironing board and iron. The hotel was buzzing and it was central so overall very pleasant but downside generator noise too high to hear the pubs nearby, TV not great, view not good and bathroom rather impersonal.

Room Tip: good position
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family