“Nice and individual”
Review of My Brighton

My Brighton
Ranked #13 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Had a coffee here when in Brighton 2 years ago and liked the look of the place.brought my partner here for a birthday weekend.booking in took a while because the assistant was training .this wasno problem as she was really sweet.room was clean and funky.our room faced the square and we heard no noise at all.ideally placed for good shops ,eateries and general good times x

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,305)

Reviewed 4 April 2014

A perfect hotel and location for a girlie couple of days away. Very central, so a short walk to shops, restaurants, Royal Pavilion, theatres and the sea. Good sized rooms. Nice bar and coffee shop. Very friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 April 2014

If you don't like loud noises from bars below, or the rampage and shouting when the rabble leave the bars intoxicated this hotel is not for you.

I drive a large saloon car. It was very hard to park in the underground car park due to the single lane access to the very small car park. When you do manage to park to have to go through the bowels of the hotel to book it.

At reception I was met by a confrontational receptionist. My stay was paid in full prior to arriving, but as I do not have credit cards, I was asked to leave £100.00 cash behind the counter in case I 'trashed my room, or didn't pay for my bar tab".

I stated that I do not drink and at 55 I do not trash rooms, but the receptionist seemed not to grasp the fact that I was a professional and was booked in by a multi-national company.

The rooms look beautiful, but a deeper look shows that is all cheap tack that was bought for the minimum price. The showers are not power showers and are not very good however, the rooms are very clean and the beds comfortable.

I stayed midweek on business. I was kept awake by the noise from the bar and then again when a the locals left the bar at about 12.00 which was followed again at 4.00am by the refuse collectors.

On the whole, it is over priced and the breakfast is diabolical which has to be ate in the bar!!!

Room Tip: Do not have a room on the front..
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank John M
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Stayed here March 27th for 2 nights absolutely loved it . It's clean and the staff are friendly especially the girl on the front dest when we checked in. And compared to other hotels in the area is not that expensive . It's also in a great location right in the lanes.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I regularly stay at the MyHotel Brighton for business and the location is great for this but also perfectly placed for all Brighton has to offer. The staff are always very welcoming and nothing is too much trouble. The hotel has a clean, modern feel and the rooms are spacious and very comfortable. The bar staff are very knowledgeable and serve fantastic cocktails. Frequent returning customers are rewarded for their loyalty and I was delighted to find a beautiful gift in my room for a particular milestone visit!

Room Tip: The rooms away from the front street are best for a quiet night's sleep.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I had a satisfactory one night day at this hotel. It has a good location and parking underground, which is handy if you are in the car as parking options are limited in Brighton. The parking was expensive though (to be fair its all expensive in brighton) and access to the car park difficult to locate - I ended up driving round the one way system twice, then I had to pull over and run in to get the code from reception.
The bright decor was a bit much for me - I personally felt that practicality could have been valued more highly over design (e.g wierd open plan layout and low shelves around the bed)but each to their own. Very narrow desk which was a bit impractical also.
However the bed was comfortable, the room was clean and there were no problems with the front desk. The location was great and the food in the Chilli Pickle was excellent.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I went to my hotel bar and had a lovely evening it has a great atmosphere and dj. The service was fantastic i was recommended some tasty cocktails by the cocktail waitress- Jackie, and experienced an array of flavors with a classic champagne cocktail to round off the night. I would recommend paying a visit to sample the best cocktails in Brighton.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends