“The Chapel Townhouse”
Review of My Brighton

My Brighton
Ranked #13 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed 7 April 2014

If you're a couple who are looking for a romantic get away then this room is perfect. I took my boyfriend for his Birthday.

It is situated just around the corner from the main hotel meaning that you can come and go as you please. It is very funky little pad and there are lots of James Bond-esk features to discover.

The room had everything that we needed apart from nespresso capsules (a bit of a bummer when we couldn't have a coffee in the morning). It is also worth mentioning that there is no separate shower, meaning all washing must be done in the bath which is located in the bedroom. Also be sure to open the windows once you have arrived, it was a little dusty to begin with.

Enjoy!

Room Tip: The Chapel Townhouse is perfect for a romantic get away.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank och3
Write a ReviewReviews (2,313)

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Myhotel looks trendy...it breathes trendy....but the mind bending swirly decor and unconventional atmosphere just disguises something very ordinary with facilities that are really nothing special.
We booked a standard room last minute and when we arrived at 1300 we were told before the agent actually looked at the screen that check in was not until 1400. I would have thought that looking at availability before making an unnecessary cautionary remark would have been better...however we were given a choice of three different coloured rooms on different floors,,,, we chose a first floor room (190 pink) and went upstairs...The room was small... white and curvy....small toilet and shower....initially odd enough to be interesting but then we noticed chipped paintwork.....holes in the sheets....a large brown stain on the floor and a view of a wall and a large amount of pigeon droppings..... Not good....I went downstairs to let the agent know and to the credit of the manager our room was changed and we were upgraded to the next class of room.... The complaint was, I must mention not an effort to get an upgrade.... The new room was larger and at the front of the hotel....the only issue was that the room looked out onto the street and passers by would get a front row view of anything that was going on in the room....the blind which prevented such things effectively closed out all the natural light. A net would suffice unless you were happy to be on your guard at all times..... the room was once again curvy but stark and with fairly basic amenities...toilet door glass with no lock....odd industrial floor covering in the bathroom area and strange ugly bins in the corner of the room.
Meal (room service options ) options were curry, curry or curry....easy to tell as when we arrived the whole 1st floor smelt of curry .... and being amongst the small proportion of the british public that hates curry , it was a bit off putting.

Beds were fairly comfortable but had odd wings which could bash shin if not carefully negotiated....

I think Myhotel needs a reality check....you cannot use quirky style to excuse odd amenities... I am guessing that if you are 30 odd it may just float your boat but if you want real comfort and practical facilities then go elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tom w
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Had a coffee here when in Brighton 2 years ago and liked the look of the place.brought my partner here for a birthday weekend.booking in took a while because the assistant was training .this wasno problem as she was really sweet.room was clean and funky.our room faced the square and we heard no noise at all.ideally placed for good shops ,eateries and general good times x

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 April 2014

A perfect hotel and location for a girlie couple of days away. Very central, so a short walk to shops, restaurants, Royal Pavilion, theatres and the sea. Good sized rooms. Nice bar and coffee shop. Very friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 April 2014

If you don't like loud noises from bars below, or the rampage and shouting when the rabble leave the bars intoxicated this hotel is not for you.

I drive a large saloon car. It was very hard to park in the underground car park due to the single lane access to the very small car park. When you do manage to park to have to go through the bowels of the hotel to book it.

At reception I was met by a confrontational receptionist. My stay was paid in full prior to arriving, but as I do not have credit cards, I was asked to leave £100.00 cash behind the counter in case I 'trashed my room, or didn't pay for my bar tab".

I stated that I do not drink and at 55 I do not trash rooms, but the receptionist seemed not to grasp the fact that I was a professional and was booked in by a multi-national company.

The rooms look beautiful, but a deeper look shows that is all cheap tack that was bought for the minimum price. The showers are not power showers and are not very good however, the rooms are very clean and the beds comfortable.

I stayed midweek on business. I was kept awake by the noise from the bar and then again when a the locals left the bar at about 12.00 which was followed again at 4.00am by the refuse collectors.

On the whole, it is over priced and the breakfast is diabolical which has to be ate in the bar!!!

Room Tip: Do not have a room on the front..
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank John M
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Stayed here March 27th for 2 nights absolutely loved it . It's clean and the staff are friendly especially the girl on the front dest when we checked in. And compared to other hotels in the area is not that expensive . It's also in a great location right in the lanes.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I regularly stay at the MyHotel Brighton for business and the location is great for this but also perfectly placed for all Brighton has to offer. The staff are always very welcoming and nothing is too much trouble. The hotel has a clean, modern feel and the rooms are spacious and very comfortable. The bar staff are very knowledgeable and serve fantastic cocktails. Frequent returning customers are rewarded for their loyalty and I was delighted to find a beautiful gift in my room for a particular milestone visit!

Room Tip: The rooms away from the front street are best for a quiet night's sleep.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business