“Brilliant hotel - cannot recommend enough!”
Review of My Brighton

My Brighton
Ranked #13 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
Durham, United Kingdom
“Brilliant hotel - cannot recommend enough!”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Booked 3 Double Bedrooms for one night and the time we spent in the hotel was great! As soon as I walked into my room I was amazed my how gorgeous the decor was. The room was spotless and everything was displayed beautifully. The staff were extremely polite and each member of staff whom I passed in the corridor wished me a good day. The lighting in my room was such a perfect addition and was very unique. Spent the evening at the hotel bar and although the drinks were pricey the bar had a calming atmosphere and the bartender was very welcoming. All in all, couldn't recommend enough, such a perfect hotel!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (499)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Morden, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

I recently booked this room for me and my girlfriend and was pleasantly surprised from start to finish.

When checking in, the staff were all so friendly and made me feel at home instantly. We was told that our suite was not situated in the main hotel but just around the corner (Behind a cool personal electric gate) When the door was open we instantly saw an amazing chandelier made from wine glasses. The room was spotlessly clean and very private which was nice for a getaway. The room is full of quirky little surprises and the character is amazing. If your looking for a fun getaway with very lovely staff then this is your hotel. Located by some vibrant bars and restaurants, its perfect and will definitely be back.

Scott

• Stayed April 2014
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Just back from staying at My Hotel Brighton , loved the location and the Hotel the staff were really helpful , And experienced excellent customer service from them.
Stayed in the superior double room and could not fault it one bit.
Overall i am looking forward to staying here the next time i visit Brighton.

Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

We've stayed here for the last 4 years when we've run the Brighton marathon. Am very impressed that they always remember we are previous guests. It's lovely and clean with great service and a fun atmosphere. It's really conveniently located for all the sights and not far from the seafront either. We book a long weekend as a treat and have recommended to other friends who have stayed there and had a great time too.

• Stayed April 2014
Reviewed 7 April 2014

If you're a couple who are looking for a romantic get away then this room is perfect. I took my boyfriend for his Birthday.

It is situated just around the corner from the main hotel meaning that you can come and go as you please. It is very funky little pad and there are lots of James Bond-esk features to discover.

The room had everything that we needed apart from nespresso capsules (a bit of a bummer when we couldn't have a coffee in the morning). It is also worth mentioning that there is no separate shower, meaning all washing must be done in the bath which is located in the bedroom. Also be sure to open the windows once you have arrived, it was a little dusty to begin with.

Enjoy!

Room Tip: The Chapel Townhouse is perfect for a romantic get away.
1 Thank och3
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Myhotel looks trendy...it breathes trendy....but the mind bending swirly decor and unconventional atmosphere just disguises something very ordinary with facilities that are really nothing special.
We booked a standard room last minute and when we arrived at 1300 we were told before the agent actually looked at the screen that check in was not until 1400. I would have thought that looking at availability before making an unnecessary cautionary remark would have been better...however we were given a choice of three different coloured rooms on different floors,,,, we chose a first floor room (190 pink) and went upstairs...The room was small... white and curvy....small toilet and shower....initially odd enough to be interesting but then we noticed chipped paintwork.....holes in the sheets....a large brown stain on the floor and a view of a wall and a large amount of pigeon droppings..... Not good....I went downstairs to let the agent know and to the credit of the manager our room was changed and we were upgraded to the next class of room.... The complaint was, I must mention not an effort to get an upgrade.... The new room was larger and at the front of the hotel....the only issue was that the room looked out onto the street and passers by would get a front row view of anything that was going on in the room....the blind which prevented such things effectively closed out all the natural light. A net would suffice unless you were happy to be on your guard at all times..... the room was once again curvy but stark and with fairly basic amenities...toilet door glass with no lock....odd industrial floor covering in the bathroom area and strange ugly bins in the corner of the room.
Meal (room service options ) options were curry, curry or curry....easy to tell as when we arrived the whole 1st floor smelt of curry .... and being amongst the small proportion of the british public that hates curry , it was a bit off putting.

Beds were fairly comfortable but had odd wings which could bash shin if not carefully negotiated....

I think Myhotel needs a reality check....you cannot use quirky style to excuse odd amenities... I am guessing that if you are 30 odd it may just float your boat but if you want real comfort and practical facilities then go elsewhere.

2 Thank tom w
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Had a coffee here when in Brighton 2 years ago and liked the look of the place.brought my partner here for a birthday weekend.booking in took a while because the assistant was training .this wasno problem as she was really sweet.room was clean and funky.our room faced the square and we heard no noise at all.ideally placed for good shops ,eateries and general good times x

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple