“You get, what you pay for”
Review of My Brighton

My Brighton
Ranked #13 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I am probably a little bit spoiled, when it comes to the amount of stars of a hotel. If the standard rooms have no mini bar it is not a 4* hotel, in my opinion.

But before we dive into the negative things, some good things: I have been here on a business trip for a conference in the famous Dome Theatre of Brighton. The location of the hotel is just perfect for this. The hotel is clean, the staff is friendly and the location close to the Dome, Kensington Gardens and The Lanes is very good for 1 night out on town. The pricing of the hotel is good. WiFi is reasonably fast. There is a supermarket (Tesco) across the street which makes up to the missing mini bar.

Here is, what I did not like: you can not open the windows (in no room), there is no mini bar in the standard doubles, the view of the standard rooms is ridiculous and the breakfast is not good!

This is not a hotel for a relaxing weekend in Brighton: in a sea bath where you go for the air you should be able to open the windows.

I stayed on the 3rd floor and I had doves sitting on my window sill. Very romantic, just not at 6am when they start to mate, knock on the windows and fight with each other. The view out of the window you can find in my picture. Brace yourself!

All in all, I will not stay here again. I can recommend this hotel only to those, who want to be close to the Dome and spend only little time in the room and stay only one night.

Room Tip: Upgrade from standard room, if you do not want to look onto a wall ... second floor is best.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 23 April 2014

This was a treat so for once I didn't know where we were going so I couldn't research. The hotel is a great location, plenty of places to eat and drink below and across the street. The coffee bar and Chilly Pickle restaurant underneath are both great. The room was quiet even though it was in the middle of town, very clean and spacious and well equipped and the bed really comfortable. The only, teensy downer was the slightly open plan bathroom. The shower and sink we could cope with the but the toilet ideally needs to be a little more private as you can see through the frosted glass and soundproofing would definitely help for those of us that don't want the whole room to know what's going on!!! Its manageable but makes you a bit self conscious when you wan to be on a relaxing break!

The restaurant delivers super quick to the room and the food is excellent, so if you want a curry in bed - its truly good value and one of the best curry's I've had, coupled with the fact that you can nip across the road literally to Tescos for a cheeky bottle of something, it was great. I would stay again.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

The hotel is trendy and ideally placed in the centre of all of the hotspots. When we arrived we were made to feel incredibly special as the hotel had known that we had just been married and had upgraded us, for free, to the Carousel Suite in the hotel. It was incredible and was the cherry on top of what had already been the most amazing weekend of my life. The staff were welcoming and friendly and went above and beyond to make our stay one to remember. We will definitely be back on our anniversary!

Room Tip: Splash out and get the suite!
Reviewed 21 April 2014

This was our fourth stay at the hotel in the past 6 years. It still managed to put a smile on our faces. Although it would not be to everyones liking. We stayed on the second floor to the rear of the hotel, which is the quieter part. Rooms at the front can be a little noisy. Room wise was fine, things were just starting to look a little tried and on this occasion i was more aware of the open plan loo. Everything was clean and tidy, with the staff very helpful. Perfect location for a base to explore Brighton. Car parking costs in the regional of £25 per 24hrs. So remember to factor that into the trip. The hotel as a small car park, with an NCP 2 minutes walk away. The train station is a 10 minute walk.

Room Tip: The rear of the hotel is less noisy.
Reviewed 18 April 2014

stayed here a few times and it never disappoints, always great service and the rooms are fantastic, its located in the centre of the north laines and as such the centre of everything, lots of restaurants close by and great shopping

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We stayed in my hotel Brighton a couple of weeks ago and were upgraded to the bamboo suite, the guest services agent Jana could not have been more helpful! She was so informative about all the attractions Brighton has to offer, and we , my wife and I, both felt she went the extra mile for us, a true asset to the hotel, and we will definitely be recommending this hotel to others, the suite was perfect, a bath for my wife Ellie and a walk in tropical shower for myself, it was really a home from home experience, with the extra touches, just what we needed! Well done!
Ellie and Andrew.

Room Tip: Treat yourselves to a suite!
1  Thank S130512
Reviewed 17 April 2014

This is the second time I have stayed here , and I like it . The rooms are space age & the floor matched my orange socks. But the hotel works .it is well staffed has great toiletries and a smashing bar. And the big plus ,location . Near to the lanes , with lovely pubs & restaurants. Although it has a small car park , there is an ncp up the road which they give you a discount on.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business