“Very underwhelming ...”
Review of My Brighton

My Brighton
Ranked #13 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Just got home from a1 night Saturday night stay and was very disappointed with the room. We couldn't fault the cleanliness but that's where it ends.

The room didn't have hardly any storage facilities - 2 hangers, chair and bed. No wardrobe or comfy chair. bathroom is almost open plan with a frosted glass toilet door, not good if you don't know your partner very well.

There was a brick wall directly opposite our window so no view whatsoever, pigeons nesting outside with bird poo everywhere which could easily be dealt with. The car parking charge was excessive, car park very, very small. No information book in the room and no information on breakfast times, etc. when we went down for breakfast which was included in our stay we were told that there was no knowledge of this on their computer but luckily I had taken my confirmation otherwise we would have been charged £10 each for breakfast.

Breakfast consisted of croissants, bread, one choice of meat, fruit juice and tea and coffee not good enough for a 4 star hotel and more to the point overpriced.

Think we will stick to "traditional" hotels in future as this hotel is trying to be something it isn't. Won 't be booking again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face a brick wall!!
1  Thank Doris1961
There are newer reviews for My Brighton

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Myhotel is contempary, clean, big room, free wifi, friendly staff, great concept, value for money, in city centre, reasonable priced parking, room decor spotless, bright, good shower, hairdryer, coffee/tea facilities, shower/sink/toilet very quirky and clean, loved the cocktail bar and cofee shop. Because the room is bright you can see the hygiene (and clean it was), if a room is dark (dark carpets, walls, etc.) to us it feels dirty.
Remark --> were cut of from wifi before check out.
We certainly will recommend this hotel to other people because we liked the concept. Ofcourse it is not to everybodies taste. If you choose a hotel in the city centre you wil expierience some noise and parking problems. If you do not want that than choose a hotel in the middle of nowhere, BUT DO NOT COMPLAIN. Our room overlooked the pub and we did not experience noise because it is double glazed and joined the people on the terrace. Our age is 60.

Room Tip: If you do not want to overlook a pub, choose a room on the other side.
Reviewed 31 May 2014

My hotel is a hotel that is fun and stylish. However it is like a fair weather friend-has no substance. The decor in the bedrooms is bright and although not large they are spotless. Sitting in the bedroom windows is great for people watching. It is a shame that you can't open the windows-I do like fresh air to circulate my bedroom. Also the space between the very compact sink area and the main part of the bedroom verges on the 70s hatch! The bar is great-noisy and fun! Will I rush back? Probably not as there are better hotels in Brighton but I am glad I went!

Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Just back from a one night stay. Room was very clean, very minimal but nice modern feel to it. Plenty of room in the twin we stayed in. No view to speak of but that's fine as we wanted to be central and it is in the heart of the lanes. Park the car and then no need to move it until departure. I paid the parking supplement and although it is a small car park we parked easily.
Staff very nice. A/C good, shower good, tea and coffee facilities in room and a hairdryer.

Would recommend and use again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This is my second stay here and I will definitely be back!!!
My friend and I stayed here for a girly weekend in my favourite place BRIGHTON!!! Our room was beautiful, very large, all facilities needed were available, great location, the staff are very helpful and always willing to help, the bar is absolutely stunning and the cocktails are FAB plus the bar staff are really happy and friendly.
I plan to go back again asap!!!

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have just come back from a disappointing stay at MyHotel Brighton. I was expecting a quirky place with the comforts of a 4 star. This hotel is quirky but has very little in the way of comfort. It is actually quite an uncomfortable place to stay.

Firstly, the car park is ridiculous. It is quite expensive and difficult to access. We arrived in the evening and the pub next door was really busy. We had to park practically in the pub and run into the hotel to gain access to the car park. Once in the car park only one tiny space was left. The space was so small our car was over hanging the edges. The lift from the car park to the hotel comes out into a very busy cocktail bar. Walking through a trendy bar wearing comfy travel clothes and pulling suitcases was the last thing I wanted to do.

The room itself was quirky but very uncomfortable. The rubber flooring gave it a tacky feel and the floor to ceiling windows meant everyone outside could see directly into the room. The bathroom is very open plan with absolutely no privacy. You can see and hear everything. The bathrobes are hard and unwearable. The room was very noisy at night as noise from the bar and other residents rooms carries very easily!

This hotel has potential but it feels like lots of corners are being cut. I would not recommend this hotel to a friend and I wont be returning.

2  Thank 325Lou83
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed at the Myhotel over the May bank holiday weekend and was very impressed. The location is great - only about a 10 minute maximum walk from the station and has a ton of restaurants and bars on its doorstep and is also within easy walking distance of the seafront and The Lanes. The staff were amazing and so friendly and helpful. The rooms were great and modern - although the bathroom does take a bit of getting used to so you do have to know your room mate quite well! I liked the way you can connect your music player up to the speakers. However, this did mean that other people did as well and at 2.30am in the morning I had to call guest services to get them to get the room to turn it down which they did. Our room overlooked Tesco Express but didnt bother us and it was the weekend so the office blocks were empty however, if they had been there you dont get much privacy without the blind down. The seating in the floor to ceiling window is a great place to relax and watch the world go by. The bar at the hotel is lovely and got quite lively with the Dj etc. All in all we had a fab time and the hotel definitely helped with this and to be honest I am not sure I would stay anywhere else in Brighton now.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends