“Good hotel”

Ranked #13 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
Holt, United Kingdom
“Good hotel”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Having read the review below titled 'Quirky and fun' I would have to concur with everything said. So I will add: the shower was very good; there was lots of lovely tea and coffee sachets with proper mugs; nice shower gels etc., and finally, the reason I'm not giving it an excellent mark was that the breakfast was just a tad disappointing. Under no circumstances stay in this hotel if you don't like the shower/loo set up. It is not private but this seems to be 'au courant' in these trendy hotels (see also CitizenM hotels). But if you are happy with that then, this is a great place to stay and the staff are really nice and very helpful. I would be very happy to stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (499)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I stayed at MyHotel for a couple of nights for my partners birthday in May. The hotel is very fun and quirky in a very central part of Brighton.
Dependant what floor your room is on will depend on the colour scheme. We stayed on the level 1 which is pink and purple. The room itself was big and very modern.
One thing to say if you like your privacy when showering and getting ready then you may struggle with this hotel. Although it didn't bother me it was not a conventional bathroom set up. It was very open. There was a shower cubicle and a toilet cubicle and then a sink in between in an open plan area. The shower cubicle glass was pink but see through and there was a sort of window from the bedroom where you could see straight through to the bathroom area and shower cubicle. The bed was very comfortable and the room very light.
The staff on check in and check out we're pleasant and efficient.
One thing I would say is to ask for a quiet room at the back of the hotel as on the weekends I imagine it would be noisy as it is in such a built up area.
The parking under the hotel is very tight but is ideal for leaving your car as parking can be a pain in Brighton.
Overall good hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Being one of the more expensive hotels in Brighton, I had high hopes for this one; but I left the hotel feeling underwhelmed.

The service was good enough, especially in the bar (which by the way does some awesome cocktails!), the food was ok... the rooms were not to my taste, and maybe that's the issue.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank lauren h
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Okay, truth is for some purposes this hotel may be ideal, but...

Initial impressions (hence the Old F**t concerns) were along the lines of 'Whoa, why so much orange in the decor"? & "Not especially comfy environs" (hard chair smallish desk - waveform as well, go figure when your laptop etc is boring old square edged). This followed by an attempt to remember the SciFi film Woody Allen made yonks ago & "isn't this from Austen Powers"?

Wasn't just me either (OK, the candidates were a similar vintage) one - The Quiet American - kept looking about & saying "Faaaarrr Ouuuttt".

As time passed the positives finally made their way through my beleaguered senses:
1) The room I had (2nd floor rear) was both quiet & of a good size. That of a candidate - street side - was, he complained, noisy.
2) Inter room sound proofing is good.
3) I was able to re-jig the furniture (moving table finding cushions) such that the room was both practical & comfortable & - big plus here - housekeeping left things where I'd put them (I promise I put them back in the original positions prior departure
4)The hotel is well located - mind you, so are lots of others...
5) The staff were helpful. Just don't expect to see lots of them.

The negatives?
1) Although food is available nearby there are no restaurants within the hotel hence no room service (yes, I know I could go for carry out, lots of people were)
2) Breakfast buffet is poor & overly priced. (A couple of the candidates were visiting a nearby wetherspoons for what was reported as very goodeggs benedict for less money)
3) Not particularly competitively priced Staying on business - a seminar - so unaware of pricing I subsequently discovered that one of the candidates had elected to stay at an equally well positioned hotel as it was 60% cheaper.

Would I stay again? Yes, if somebody else was paying.

Would I choose it myself? Probably not.

Would I recommend it? Possibly. But not to anyone on the verge of Old F**rtdom.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank adrian e
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This hotel is cute and trendy. Quirky is right. The room was quaint, but had enough room to meet our needs. The staff was extremely nice. Freddy Reynolds, guest services manager, went above and beyond, making us feel like VIP guests.

The entire staff was friendly and helpful. And I didn't even know that breakfast and free internet was included. We loved it. Brighton was a little further away from London than we would have liked, but for this little hotel in the seaside town of Brighton, it was a perfect stay.

Room Tip: Breakfast is very simple. If you like washcloths, bring your own. They only provide hand towels and...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Romsey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed at the Myhotel Brighton for 1 night on 6th June. We are a couple with a 1 year old.

We loved the quirkiness of the room, we've stayed quite a few places, but never anywhere like this. Whilst being quirky, the rooms were incredibly practical and well thought out.

The hotel provided a cot for our little one, and the blinds were blackout blinds. We were pleasantly surprised that despite being very close to what looked like it could be a very lively area we did not hear a single thing (that was not because we were fast asleep, because the baby had us up in the night!).

The staff were very friendly and helpful, and I'd recommend using the car park as others have. The closest car park was £23.00 a night, so for the £6.50 extra it was worth it for the simplicity of just getting the lift to the hotel.

We didn't use the hotel for breakfast as it didn't sound that great for the money. Instead we went to Bills just around the corner which was amazing, and we'd highly recommend it for the food, and atmosphere.

We'll be returning to the MyHotel next time we want to stay in Brighton.

Room Tip: We had a More Superior room, I'm not sure what more we got than a Superior room could have offer...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Whambam4
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Took my wife to Myhotel for a our first night out after having our first baby. I booked a standard room and did it in a bit of a rush. When we got to the room we found it to be absolutely adequate but wasn't quite what we wanted for a semi-special occasion. I went to reception and explained the circumstances and asked if there was any chance of an upgrade. The manager, Freddy, came out to help me and showed me to the room called Heaven...and it was really was! This is a lovely hotel room with great views over the North Laines. My wife absolutely loved it and we had a great stay. It wasn't a great deal more than a superior room but is definitely worth it. Thanks Freddy! The hotel itself is really well designed and is a nice change to your average city centre hotel room. The location is also perfect for a night/weekend in Brighton. Will definitely stay again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple