“Very cool and excellent location!”
Review of My Brighton

My Brighton
Ranked #13 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We stayed here for a night in May to start off the bank holiday weekend.

It's a great hotel, very cool with really modern decor. They give you all of the toiletries you need, so don't bother taking any!

I liked the nice touches in the room including how to mix your own cocktail with the ingredients provided in the room (which you have to pay for).

The bed was really comfy, we slept really well even though the busy street was beneath us. We didn't go in the hotel's bar, but it looked fantastic from the outside, so worth visiting next time.

The location is perfect and don't worry about breakfast in the morning, there is a cafe next door and several opposite, or else there is Tescos opposite.

I'd definitely recommend visiting this place, maybe not for the more mature traveller who might not like the very "in your face" decor.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Reading_Traveller06

Reviewed 28 June 2014

My other half and I stayed here for four nights in June. The design of the hotel was just my thing - insanely decorated with a different colour scheme on each floor! We originally were given a room on the second floor (orange) however after encountering a problem with the shower we were moved to a room on the first floor (pink). The room was lovely and although the bathroom is not the most private I have ever seen, it didn't present a problem for us. Plenty of hanging space (maybe some drawers wouldn't go amiss however) with tiny lights on the hanging rail inside the wardrobe! Very well stocked mini bar - although we chose not to use this - and complimentary fresh milk left in the fridge which is a lovely touch instead of those little cartons you get in most places! Room was cleaned to a high standard and tea/coffee/bathroom supplies were replenished every day. Great location near the Pavilion and a choice of restaurants and pubs - we didn't try the bar or restaurant at the hotel but they always looked busy and popular.
The room could possibly do with some kind of other blind at the window as when the roller blind was pulled up and being only on the first floor, people could see straight in - maybe the hotel could think about Venetian blinds that can be tilted?
I have to mention Oliver who works in Guest Services who sorted out a new room for us after the problem with the shower, and also Karolina, Duty Manager, who sent me a lovely email when we returned home thanking us for our feedback we gave on the feedback card left in our room.
We will definitely be returning to myHotel Brighton in the future!

1  Thank 78CazP
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I have mixed feelings about Myhotel in Brighton.
The location is great, only two minutes walking from the Brighton Dome and the Royal Pavilion, about 10 or 15 minutes walking from the train station and 10 minutes from the beach and most of the sites (Brighton is a compact city).
If the design of the lobby is nice and the Merkaba bar has quite a good design, the rooms are with plastic furniture and bright colors , orange, pink or green, depending of the floor. Everything is made of plastic, even the floor in the bathroom, it's quite cheap (Ikea style).
Hopefully the bed was comfortable. But the white towels are poor quality!

The choice for breakfast was quite poor, very basic and limited.
The merkaba bar was lively on saturday night.

MyHotel Brighton is a 3 star hotel in my opinion, don't expect any kind of luxury or beautiful design.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights from 20/06/14, the hotel is well placed for the sights of Brighton and the hotel itself is quirky and different. We chose a more superior double room which had a pod style design which grew on us during our stay. As we were celebrating our anniversary the hotel gave us a couple of free cocktails from the bar (which is also quirky), the cocktails were good but strong!! The room and the rest of the hotel were spotlessly clean and all staff were friendly and helpful.
Would stay here again.

1  Thank Smudger64
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I have just returned from a glorious weekend stay here with my Husband. Fabulous weather added to the overall experience. Our Superior double room was located on the third floor. A bright and spacious room in blues and greens. I think you need to be well acquainted with your room mate as bathroom privacy is not 100% but all clean and fully functional. We were located at the front of the building and noise levels from the street at night were particularly high, but this could well have been increased by the revelry brought about by the weather!
Staff were helpful and pleasant and the design of the hotel is modern and unique.
We paid extra for the underground parking which was excellent. The hotel has a superb location for all of Brighton's amenities. We loved the Markarbar for pre dinner cocktails and the Chilli Pickle Canteen right next door which I shall review separately. A wonderful stay, highly recommended.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for a rear room
1  Thank Nova E
Reviewed 20 June 2014

The interior is original and colourful. The rooms are comfortable and the beds are good. The breakfast area is too metallic and impersonal, and the breakfast choice very limited. The exterior of the hotel is very sober and the entrance is hard to find in the dark. There is no clear sign and the entrance is not lit after 11 PM.

1  Thank Adriaan R
Reviewed 20 June 2014

This hotel has the style of the 60's with today's functionality. The rooms are small and intimate and are good for a night or two, but would not recommend for a week. If you want something different then this is it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends