“Cannot sum the experience up into one sentence!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of My Brighton

My Brighton
Ranked #12 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
“Cannot sum the experience up into one sentence!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

New to Brighton I was looking for something affordable and in a good location, and MyHotel delivered. In good walking distance of both The Lanes, and the front, this place is a little gem. The fine details were excellent, with eco friendly toiletries, Clipper teas and Lyons coffees stocked up every morning and an elclectic mini bar, which was slightly over priced so avoided but had a good stock. We stayed beginning of the week and the hotel was quite quiet, our floor to ceiling windows looked over Tescos which wasn't great if it got noisy along the street near the bars but it wasn't detrimental to our sleep. Did find the rooms very hot at night but wasn't 100% sure how to work the air conditioning and there were no opening windows in the superior double. Although the website states an open plan bathroom, I wouldn't say if you are a couple it is anything that would phase you. The toilet door is frosted but the shower door is clear, but me and my partner are both comfortable enough to shower etc in them circumstances. Friends and new couples or family may be a little off put. We tried the cocktail bar downstairs which, was slightly pricey but paid for what you got. Great stock of spirits on offer and some tasty ciders for myself. I booked the hotel on a whim as the superior double was similar prices to the other hotels on the seafront and got a great deal through Hotel Club and although a little apprehensive couldn't be more happier with my experience! Thanks again!

• Stayed June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (486)
  • Polish first
New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Fine hotel. Nothing fancy, but clean and simple. Nice staff who was very accommodating. Totally fine for a business trip but wouldn't stay here for a personal trip / holiday. Comfortable beds and great location. Fantastic coffee shop and restaurant below.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Barbados
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed here for the bank holiday weekend and loved every minute of it. At check in the staff were very friendly and helpful and nothing seemed too much for them. My husband needed some Restaurant recommendations and the front desk staff was very helpful in pointing out Restaurants that we could try. The Merkaba Bar was also a hit. The cocktails, though a little pricey, were all amazing.

Room Tip: If youre having a cocktail, try the mytiki and the name drop cocktail.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank EssB992
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

We stayed here for a night in May to start off the bank holiday weekend.

It's a great hotel, very cool with really modern decor. They give you all of the toiletries you need, so don't bother taking any!

I liked the nice touches in the room including how to mix your own cocktail with the ingredients provided in the room (which you have to pay for).

The bed was really comfy, we slept really well even though the busy street was beneath us. We didn't go in the hotel's bar, but it looked fantastic from the outside, so worth visiting next time.

The location is perfect and don't worry about breakfast in the morning, there is a cafe next door and several opposite, or else there is Tescos opposite.

I'd definitely recommend visiting this place, maybe not for the more mature traveller who might not like the very "in your face" decor.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Reading_Traveller06
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

My other half and I stayed here for four nights in June. The design of the hotel was just my thing - insanely decorated with a different colour scheme on each floor! We originally were given a room on the second floor (orange) however after encountering a problem with the shower we were moved to a room on the first floor (pink). The room was lovely and although the bathroom is not the most private I have ever seen, it didn't present a problem for us. Plenty of hanging space (maybe some drawers wouldn't go amiss however) with tiny lights on the hanging rail inside the wardrobe! Very well stocked mini bar - although we chose not to use this - and complimentary fresh milk left in the fridge which is a lovely touch instead of those little cartons you get in most places! Room was cleaned to a high standard and tea/coffee/bathroom supplies were replenished every day. Great location near the Pavilion and a choice of restaurants and pubs - we didn't try the bar or restaurant at the hotel but they always looked busy and popular.
The room could possibly do with some kind of other blind at the window as when the roller blind was pulled up and being only on the first floor, people could see straight in - maybe the hotel could think about Venetian blinds that can be tilted?
I have to mention Oliver who works in Guest Services who sorted out a new room for us after the problem with the shower, and also Karolina, Duty Manager, who sent me a lovely email when we returned home thanking us for our feedback we gave on the feedback card left in our room.
We will definitely be returning to myHotel Brighton in the future!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 78CazP
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

I have mixed feelings about Myhotel in Brighton.
The location is great, only two minutes walking from the Brighton Dome and the Royal Pavilion, about 10 or 15 minutes walking from the train station and 10 minutes from the beach and most of the sites (Brighton is a compact city).
If the design of the lobby is nice and the Merkaba bar has quite a good design, the rooms are with plastic furniture and bright colors , orange, pink or green, depending of the floor. Everything is made of plastic, even the floor in the bathroom, it's quite cheap (Ikea style).
Hopefully the bed was comfortable. But the white towels are poor quality!

The choice for breakfast was quite poor, very basic and limited.
The merkaba bar was lively on saturday night.

MyHotel Brighton is a 3 star hotel in my opinion, don't expect any kind of luxury or beautiful design.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Maidstone, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights from 20/06/14, the hotel is well placed for the sights of Brighton and the hotel itself is quirky and different. We chose a more superior double room which had a pod style design which grew on us during our stay. As we were celebrating our anniversary the hotel gave us a couple of free cocktails from the bar (which is also quirky), the cocktails were good but strong!! The room and the rest of the hotel were spotlessly clean and all staff were friendly and helpful.
Would stay here again.