“amazing trip”
Review of My Brighton

My Brighton
Ranked #13 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Just got back from a 3 night stay at the MyHotel in Brighton. My boyfriend and I chose the hotel as we didn't have much to spend and the early bird rates meant we got the Superior Double for £300 for the 3 nights which is the same as the Premier Inn just around the corner! I don't have much experience of hotels but I found that this one was exactly what I was looking for and totally exceeded expectations. This hotel is in an ideal location with a wide range of restaurants/ bars/ shops within a few minutes walking distance! I stayed in the Superior Double on the Green floor, I was lovely and light and modern. The whole place was well presented and clean with unique features such as the art on the blinds. The mini bar was well stocked with basically everything you could want/ need although I did steer clear of it due to the prices. There was a huge range of complimentary tea/ coffee as well as a little bottle of fresh milk which was a nice touch. I would also have to say that it is a great bonus that you really don't need to take and toiletries with you as they have generous and high quality products stocked in your room. There were only a few negatives of this hotel which weren't really a huge deal; firstly as we stayed on the top floor the windows allowed a lot of light in, they also allowed the people working in the office directly across to have a great view straight into the room. Also the blinds do not stop all the light getting in (blackouts would be a great improvement but i could see how this may affect the design). Last tiny thing is that I would only recommend sharing a room with someone here if you are very comfortable with them as the shower room is very open plan with a large hole in the wall directly across from the shower and the toilet is only separated from the room by a frosted glass door, but again still lovely a coordinated design.
Overall had a great time and would definitely go back !

Room Tip: Top floor had great rooms but would ask for one on the sides to avoid the office workers having a di...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JMFK28

Reviewed 17 July 2014

i had specifically booked this hotel for sentimental reasons. When there was a problem with the booking (overbooked due to website error) they were v apologetic and helpful and when i explained the issue (not just any booking to me) they sorted out the mistake and got me a room. Fantastically helpful throughout. Room was quiet, clean and in the middle of town.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Claudia987654
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend booked a stay in this hotel included in a surprise for my Birthday and It was fantastic!

It is very modern and has such a great atmosphere inside, reception even provide you with a cable so you can play your own music in the room through the speakers.

We stayed in a superior double room. It was clean, spacious and comfortable with a well stocked minibar (pricey as all minibars are but convenient!)

There is a restaurant and a bar downstairs with a nice atmosphere, didn't get the chance to go to the bar but saw the cocktails and they looked great! Will definitely give it a look when I go next time!

Will be booking again sometime in the near future. Great hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Jack W
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Second time back in less than 6 months! Hotel is superb couldn't ask for more, staff were brilliant and very helpful. The hotel is a short walk from the lanes/seafront and very close to a NCP car park. The hotel is ideal if you want to be close to everything but do not want to stay on the front.

Room Tip: I've stayed in two standards of room at this hotel and both were superb!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank KLeeds12
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Very good Hotel in good position,staff are excellent nothing was a problem from speaking to them on the phone to checking in,bar staff are friendly and polite.Only let down by the breakfast, which was not apealing to me with cakes and bread,not for me.Parking is available but book it at the same time you book the room.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com
3  Thank Leslie A
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Its the second time I have stayed @ MyHotel in Brighton and it gets better every time.

High standard of cleanliness, amazing location (in the heart of town) and really friendly and helpful staff.

MyHotel primes for its unique rooms decoration. I have stayed on the first floor this time and had a rather pink/purple room but, nevertheless very pleasant to the eyes, calming and relaxing.

I visit Brighton every so often and MyHotel is definitely my first choice.

I would strongly recommend to the reader if visiting Brighton, consider MyHotel and you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank lucas z
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Visited MyHotel a few weeks ago for an impromptu getaway out of the city. Very nice modern hotel in a great location. The rooms are modern and minimal but feel very relaxing and are quiet considering the central location. When we arrived, we were told that we had been upgraded on our room, which was a nice surprise. The staff were very nice and the service was good. My only complaint with the hotel is the parking. Having seen there was a car park at the hotel I was relieved to not have to try and find somewhere, however I wish I had, as I was charged £27.50 for 1 nights parking in the hotel, which I feel is a ridiculous sum of money for 1 night. It's a shame as this was at the check in and made me feel a bit ripped off for the rest of the stay, shame. Nice place, just don't park there unless you are feeling flush!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple