“Absolutely perfect! Worth a visit”
Review of My Brighton

My Brighton
Ranked #13 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
“Absolutely perfect! Worth a visit”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I surprised my boyfriend with a 2day trip to Brighton, I booked this hotel as a birthday surprise. I spent ages looking for a hotel that would be just right for him as he is very creative and designs furniture. I was very nervous but the minute we walked through the door I knew I made the right decision in choosing my hotel. he was sooo impressed. The decor is beautiful, thier attention to detail makes this hotel the perfect place to stay while visiting Brighton. The double room was very clean and large enough, the beloved package was well worth the extra, absolute bargain. The location is great, literally walk down the road 10min if that n your by the pier, other direction aprox 15min your at the town centre and by brighton railway station. If you go down the side streets you will come across llittle quirky shops, cafes, restaurants etc. My boyfriend and I enjoyed our stay in Brighton soo much we will be returning real soon and one of the reasons will be to stay at this hotel. PS the staff are great at their job really friendly and helpful, we checked out of the hotel but had a few hours in Brighton before our train left and we didn't want to lug our cases around but my hotel let us leave our cases with them at no extra charge until we was ready to collect and catch our train home...legends!

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank love life to the fullest

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (499)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed at the Myhotel in Brighton for just one night (wish it was for longer!!) very recently......
We were extremely lucky to be able to experience staying in the Carousel suite for this special occasion.
The Carousel suite is huge, very tastefully decorated, with very different features. Apart from the big stand alone bath, and the walk in shower/steam room, there is actually a "carousel horse" in the middle of the room. This helps to give it the "wow" factor. Leather chesterfield and chairs, 52" TV, Mac computer, fax machine - the list goes on. Very comfortable huge bed with delightful feel good bedding.
Staff are very friendly and helpful.
Took us a while to find the hotel car park which is located under the hotel as it wasn't sign posted. If I knew it had an orange barrier I would have spotted it before I passed the hotel 4 times. The hotel "my" sign is high up on the building making it hard to spot whilst driving!! Would recommend booking car park in advance as it is small and gets busy.
Definitely would stay in this hotel again when visiting Brighton as it is ideally located.
Thank you Freddie for making it a magical stay......

Room Tip: Carousel suite very large and extremely quiet
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sonia D
Oxford
Reviewed 22 July 2014

There's no critiquing the location of this hotel- very close to the city centre, the lanes and the beach- perfect. The bar downstairs is lovely- small, but nice. My room was 'funky'- all white and orange, with a bed just floating around in the middle of the room. There was something about it that just screamed 'easyjet' though- white/orange, quite basic, minimalistic. The bathroom/shower room was like being in a cockpit of a plane- it all felt very modern. The carpark is AWFUL though- underground, tiny, with pillars that scrape the side of your car at every turn! (plus expensive, at £19 a day)- speaking of expensive, I had to pay extra for breakfast- £10- for serve-yourself cereal and cold croissants.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MonkeyFace28
Blandford Forum, Dorset
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stay here! You won't be disappointed! Attention to detail is second to none! We stayed for our 11th wedding anniversary this time and could have moved in! Highly recommended! Very modern and funky yet felt so at home!

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is perfect If you want a night out somewhere fun and at the heart of things. The standard room was spacious, clean and totally cool - lots of fab little design features which set it apart from your typical hotel. You dont have to go far to eat and drink. The bar downstairs is a must -very trendy and with good music.

• Stayed July 2014
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2014

What's the definition of a hotel?
Certainly not this.! Okay so it looked quirky, but beyond that it had nothing to offer in terms of facilities. The room was beyond basic and the decor was cheap. My room overlooked a back yard full of bins that were overflowing with rubbish. After a busy day I settled down to a good nights sleep. No chance! The noise from below went on and on and on. I couldn't leave the " hotel " fast enough. When we left 2 nights earlier than intended to move hotels, they didn't even ask why! I'm guessing it's not the first time this has happened to them.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Emily F
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is like a really chic, stylish Travelodge but with so much more! The rooms are colour-coded per floor and have speakers built into the ceiling with a jack to play your own music! The bathroom is open plan but so cool. The frosted glass door didn't bother me, no different to an actual wooden door in a travelodge - just ask the person to put the TV on - or some music in the ceiling speakers! High quality bathroom freebies too.

The best bit about our stay was the bed. The most comfortable bed I've slept on. I asked the receptionist where they got the mattress and they said they would happily find out and email me! Service very good and friendly also. They even do an "express checkout" where you can just fill in a form which is popped under your door in the morning with the card and pass to reception, sorting out any extra charges later! Location convenient, right on the North Lanes shopping district and only 10 mins walk to the station. Would definitely come back and recommend!

Stayed July 2014