“Well situated hotel in need of refurbishment”
Review of My Brighton

My Brighton
Ranked #13 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

he hotel is very well situated and appears to be a fresh, modern establishment. However, the rooms - or at least, those rooms on the third floor - are in desperate need of refurbishment. Considering it is a four star hotel and not cheap, my partner and I found the room tatty and far from spotless (eg tea stains in the coffee mugs). We moved rooms but found the same issues in the next room. The only redeeming feature was the bed which was very comfortable.

Be warned - the toilet door is frosted glass, does not lock and the door does not stretch from floor to ceiling so not particularly private!

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Daniel S
There are newer reviews for My Brighton

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Decided on Myhotel because it looked funky, was in the Lanes rather than on the seafront and wanted to stay somewhere diferent for a change having stayed in most of the main hotels in Brighton over the years.

What a great experience, great service, friendly staff gave us fantastic recommendations, a really easy stay from arrival to departure and made a birthday weekend extra special !

Can't wait to visit again!

Room Tip: Top floor for peace and quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Stayed here for my friends birthday night out in Brighton. Fabulous decor, fun and interesting. Staff friendly and good service provided. Security on the door at night also. Would definitely recommend, especially for couples or groups of ladies.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here last night and overall we were impressed. We booked a superior room and car park. When we arrived we were told that the car park was full despite having reserved a space so we had to go and park in the nearby NCP car park. Reception gave us a discount ticket to use in the car park and then upgraded our room to a more superior room.
The room was very colourful and different with an open plan bathroom area but enclosed shower. You could also close the door in the toilet although it was an opaque door but that's fine for us as we are happy to be together even when on the toilet but it could be a problem if you are a bit funny about that kind of thing. The bed was extremely comfortable, however it was a bit surreal to sleep in a bed situated in the middle of the room! The bed faced the window and we had a lovely view onto the lanes of brighton. We had a meal at The Chilli Pickle restaurant which is attached to the hotel and the food was very tasty and fresh. Some people have said the food was a bit expensive but coming from London we found it very reasonable!
Breakfast was a basic continental which was fine but there was not an awful lot to choose from, the ham and cheese went very quickly, It would've been nice to have a few more varieties of meats and cheese. We enjoyed our short stay and would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: We only saw a more superior room but certainly would not want to go down in standard from this.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Staff were friendly and very welcoming and the decor was great. The rooms were spacious and well equipped. The bar was lively and served great cocktails and the chilli pickle resturaunt served amazing curry.
Would definitely recommend a visit

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I am a regular visitor to Brighton and have to say that the hotels tend to be expensive and not particularly great. I had read good reviews of this hotel so thought I would give it a go. I booked a standard room. It was relatively small, had a very small shower room/toilet and had a window looking out to a wall. I asked to upgrade but was told they had no better rooms other than on a separate site and it would be a further £80 . I chose to stay where i was. It was all rather disappointing. The room itself was clean and functional but certainly nothing special. Breakfast was self service and again very unexciting. Not sure it is really worth the money. There are such nice views in Brighton its a shame not to have one.

Room Tip: Ask for a room which doesn't overlook a wall.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed for one night and found Myhotel to be one of the most stylish and comfortable hotels you can stay in. Yes it costs more but it provides everything that we all used to think was standard in 4 star hotels.

The minibar and room items were brilliant. The bar in the lobby was excellent and the staff were very professional.

Such a breath of fresh air compared to premier Inn or travel lodge.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple