“SUPERB HOTEL”

Ranked #13 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
Brandon, Florida
“SUPERB HOTEL”
Reviewed 17 November 2009

This year's stay was just as wonderful as last year's. Clean, modern, minimalist hotel. The staff couldn't be more friendly and helpful. Location right in centre of Brighton. We are from Brighton originally but now live in the US and will return to this hotel again and again!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (489)
  • Polish first
cambridge
Reviewed 17 November 2009

Stayed at Myhotel with my partner for 2 nights. I was impressed with reviews and was not disappointed when we checked in. Staff very friendly and helpful and room was really great. Had booked a standard double which was very spacious and clean. Decor is really retro, bright and just different ! Great walk in shower with pink shower screen and flat screen tv on wall. Only complaint with room was there is no drawer space only a wardrobe and a few shelves which is fine for a weekend but not so good if you are there for longer. Hotel bar is really lively with music and a real mix of people. I had a free cocktail as it was my birthday which was a nice gesture and we could not hear the music from the bar in our room at all. Breakfast was excellent and is served till 11am. If you want to pay extra for full english or anything different to the continental breakfast on offer you can do so at a reasonable price. Location was great as very close to shops, bars, restaurants, theatre, The Laines and seafront. Would definitely return here and will be coming back in the summer.

Aylesbury
Reviewed 15 November 2009

My husband and I visited this hotel for my birthday in October and found it through the Mr and Mrs Smith website.
When we eventually found the hotel (the sat nav couldn't find it!) we pulled up outside without a problem. We were then greeted at reception by a very friendly lady who took our details and allocated our room. We handed over our car key and the car was valet parked. I had phoned the day before to enquire about parking, speaking to a fantasticly helpful man who suggested that we do this - the additional cost was £15. Having travelled from near Oxford - this was a bargain!!
On checking in, we were asked if we had a laptop / I-pod to which we were given the appropriate controls to play music in the room at no extra charge.
The room was awesome - exactly like the pictures on the website. I have read a review complaining about the styling in the rooms - if you have looked into this hotel at all you will know what to expect!
Initially the see through toilet door was a little bizarre, however it's not visable from the rest of the room!!!
We had dinner in Table - a fantastic dining experience. The staff were helpful and friendly and the food was outstanding. We then went to Merkaba for cocktails. It was divine! The funky house music and subtle lighting combined with the best mojito outside of Havanna rounded off a lovely day.
The bed was SO comfortable that my bed at home paled into insignificance. The shower was powerful and bathroom clean. The Beekind products in the bathroom also smelt gorgeous. I wish I knew where I could buy full size bottles of it.
Checking out was so simple, the car was returned to outside the hotel and again we were greeted by helpful and friendly staff.
The location of the hotel is brilliant. Approximately 5minutes from Bill's (fabulous eatery), the North Laine and Brighton Pavillion. Culture, food and shopping - bliss!

I have read 2 dreaful reviews of this hotel and I cannot believe that they are talking about the same hotel!

manchester
Reviewed 10 November 2009

I visited ‘myhotel’ with my partner for a weekend and our experience was indeed fantastic-this applying to the hotel too. ‘Myhotel’ is a modern, neat and comfortable hotel right at the heart of Brighton. We stayed in the superior double. The room was contemporary, spacious, clean and light with double bed, desk, wardrobe, tv/ aircon/ hairdryer/ tea/ ironing facilities and minibar (fridge). The bathroom is integrated to the rest of the room something which can be tricky for couples that are not well comfortable with each other, but in any other case you will enjoy this smart architecture design. Staff were extremely helpful and polite. We were also given an upgrade (no fee) from standard double to superior because we let them know this was our anniversary. There is free-wifi internet access throughout, the bar at the ground is also nice for a drink (we didn’t try the breakfast or the café/ restaurant however). Location is perfect, 5’ walk from the train station, right next to the ‘lanes’ area with beautiful shops, only 1’ walk from royal pavilion and 5’ to the pier. All together, we had an unforgettable time in Brighton and a more than pleasant experience at ‘myhotel’ which is a modern, cozy and relaxing place to stay-highly recommended!

brussels
Reviewed 10 November 2009

Found this online and got a reasonable price .I haven't beenmto Brighton for some time nd really enjoyed it. This place was central and easy to get to the bars and restaurants I wanted to go to. It was clean, funky kind of design they took care of the parking effiiciently. A little hard to find the road in but pretty easy.

Had a few drinks at the bar and the wine was very good. all the staff were helpful.

Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Aylesbury
Reviewed 9 November 2009

The two night stay at Myhotel was a 30th birthday surprise and it was a brillant surprise at that. The staff are very friendly. They are very polite and more than willing to help. We stayed in the 'more superior' room and it was lovely. It was clean and the bed was very comfortable. My husband had arranged extras through the hotel, chocolate fountain, dozen roses and a massage which made the already perfect stay even more fabulous. The hotel threw in extras like a complimentary cocktail, music playing in the room on arrival. Our room faced the library and was situated on the 2nd floor. I was worried that it would be noisy at night as other reviews had said that the music from the hotel bar was loud and kept them awake, however, there was no sound at all and it was very quiet all night, and we stayed on a saturday night too. The hotel is very modern and quirky and may not be everyone's cup of tea. We read reviews before arriving and it is now clear that the bad reviews this hotel received were written by people who would have never liked the design and layout/character of this hotel. The hotel is very Brighton in its design and style and we loved it. The only negative we could find is that 2 little extras we requested (newspaper each morning and scented candle in the room) were not honoured, however, we really didn't see this as a problem. By car the hotel is a little awkward to find, however, follow the directions given by the hotel staff and look out for the green logo. The hotel is just before the library which is very obvious. Myhotel is situated in the North Laines and is in a superb location. We will go back to this hotel when we return to Brighton.

Colchester
Reviewed 7 November 2009

Stayed with partner for two nights in Mid October whilst visiting family. Very friendly and helpful staff at reception. Parking very convenient with valet service. Room was fairly small with no view out of window (blank wall about a metre away) however was cheapest available, get what you pay for! Can plug mp3 player into speakers in ceiling to play music into room which was cool. Bathroom pod clean and modern, shower warm and powerful, however the see through toilet door may be an issue for some people! Bright colours in room perhaps starting to look a bit old and faded, but still very cool place to stay in Brighton.