“Amazing venue, service, food and facilities”
Review of My Brighton

My Brighton
Ranked #13 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
London, UK
“Amazing venue, service, food and facilities”
Reviewed 12 February 2010

I organised an away day conference for a group of 50 colleagues at MyHotel Brighton and received amazing feedback from them.
For our event we used a conference room with all the facilities one may need - projector, screen, pens and paper for all guests, flipchart with pens, etc. We had an event manager from the hotel who was available to help with anything we needed. Bar and restaurant managers were also very helpful , attentive and flexible to suit our needs.

After lunch we had an exernal company organising team building activities for us and Myhotel's staff were so attentive that we didn't even notice when they did their set up because we had lovely time having coffee and tea in another room.

Accomodation is also a great experience - rooms have incredible modern design and all facilities that one might need.

I would highly recommend the hotel for both corporate events and personal trips!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (489)
  • Polish first
Reading, UK
Reviewed 9 February 2010

I stayed in this hotel with my girlfriend for a couple of nights. The place itself is really trendy and ultra-modern. On arrival we just pulled up outside and the valet guy takes your car and parks for you (underneath the hotel). This was £25 for the weekend which we thought was great considering the issues you can have parking in Brighton. The receptionists were also really friendly, not only on arrival but through the whole weekend.

We just booked a standard room as we figured we would be out most of the time. It was very minimalist and pretty small (including the bed). Cool features were the wall mounted plasma and the slot on the wall to plug in your ipod which then plays music through speakers in the ceiling. The odd thing for us was the open plan bathroom (with the bedroom) which does not afford much privacy. This is fine if you are sharing with your better half but not sure I would want to share the room with a mate!!

They have a couple of bars in the hotel both of which seemed pretty busy in the evenings.

If you don't want a seafront hotel the location of this place is great. Lot's of places to eat round and about, 5-10 mins walk to the Lanes and about 15 minutes walk to the seafront.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
Ely
Reviewed 9 February 2010

It was a complete pig to find...the postcode on the bottom of the confirmation letter takes you far far away! I then phoned the hotel and listened to the automatic message on directions and it gave me a postcode and it said "First turning on the right" - well...the postcode takes you to the end of a one way street whereby there is no turning on the right. It should say to type in house number 112 and then first turning on the right!
Beside this small mishap, the stay was perfect. I had a superior room and it was well worth money. Touch TV, DVD player in the cupboard and all linked through a separate remote system. The shower/toilet area is a little strange. You have to be very comfortable with the person you're staying with as the toilet door is see through and has no lock. The shower door is also see through and there is no door to keep the,m separate from the rest of the room!
I Paid £15 a day to park (they park your car for you). They were very friendly and don't mind going backward and forward to get things for you (and take it to the room)! I got my car back with no scratches, dents, blemishes or anything! I was a little unsure about just handing over my car keys to a complete stranger - but there is no worry!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled solo
Leicester
Reviewed 5 February 2010

Great Place to stay , Super hotel very ultra modern rooms , staff very nice and friendly
Hotel had a nice warm friendly feel to the place.Will definitely stay again

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Jeanette2812
Reviewed 3 February 2010

This was the first time I had been to any of the hotels in the myhotel group, it was a birthday present from my girlfriend. I had no idea how cool it would be - we stayed in the Carousel room which I cant recommend enough for the experience if nothing else. Its visually amazing, you cant want for anything in the room either; a free standing bath, steam room, HD tv, mac, wifi, huge bed, and the sun comes streaming through the glass wall in the morning.... absolutely great, cant recommend it highly enough. If you get the chance, dont miss it!!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2010

From start to finish our stay at My was first class. The staff were so friendly and the Manager Adam was beond helpful. We satayed in the Carousel and it was utter perfection. Rooms were very quiet and a great retreat from the hustle of the shops. Really worth a visit.

Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2010

My boyfriend and I always go to Brighton once a year for our anniversary so we've stayed in quite a lot of hotels in Brighton and this is by far our favourite. We'd read about My Hotel in Conde Nast and booked a room there for one night. The hotel is super modern and has a futuristic feel to it. The night we stayed there they had a massive problem with the water and there was no running water for most of the night. Luckily, the local Pizza Express allowed hotel guests to use their loo and I think the hotel did find a shower somewhere for people to use. This could have been a disaster and in fact it probably was for many people. We were lucky as we were already ready to go out so didn't need showers and were going out for dinner somewhere else. By the time we got back to the hotel for some drinks in the bar, the water was up and running again so it didn't have any negative effect on us what so ever. The next morning when we woke up, a letter had been slipped under our door to apologise for the inconvenience caused and to say that next time we stayed there, we could book a standard room and get a free upgrade.
And we did just that. A few months later, we fancied a weekend away, rang them up and got an upgrade to a superior. We still had a fantastic time, but I can't say I noticed any difference between the standard and superior. They have a different colour scheme that's all (and in fact I preferred the colours in the standard!)
Both time the breakfast was great - we just went for the free buffet option. There's lots of choice and it was very tasty. We love the bar in the hotel and the location is perfect!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple