“Fantastic Funky Fun”

Ranked #13 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
London
“Fantastic Funky Fun”
Reviewed 27 March 2010

My partner and I decided on a spur of the moment weekend away in Brighton and after checking a few hotels online (all mainly booked due to unknown party political conferrence that weekend) we stumbled across this rather interesting looking hotel. We called the number and got through to a bubbly person in Miami who was actually very helpful indeed. On arriving at the hotel, which to say we had never been before was very easy to find, we were stunned at how funky and fresh looking it was. With a silver bean shapped front desk to the massive fish tank behind it. The staff were friendly approachable and more than willing to help. On arrival to our room I was blown away. My partner well he thought it was a bit pink, but I loved it all from the light changing colour constantly to the very nice white flat screen on the wall. From the funky shower to the very comfortable bed. The bathroom yes its open plan but still you can keep your modesty if you want to!!! I loved the wonderful details in the room the row of lights above the hanging rail in the wardrobe and the ipod speaker system. The only downside was that we were on the first floor and couldnt open the blind people outside would have seen everything (to be honest the blind was so pretty you didnt mind). We had a drink in the bar which again was totally funky its lighting was subtle and more fish tanks. We were assured that its was the hottest bar in town. Diner in the resturant was outstanding and the resturant staff again were happy and friendly. I had the steak which was cooked perfectly and my partner had the lamb which he assured me was very nice. The staff recommended a great bottle of wine too. All in all this was a great hotel young modern funky and fun all combined with comfort what could be better? There was a DJ who is there on weekend nights but in our room we didnt hear a thing and we had a great night sleep. I would highly recommend this hotel and would return in a heartbeat.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LondonMindy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (489)
  • Polish first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 20 March 2010

Hot pink floors, wild carpets, psychadelic doors, clean white walls and white furniture adorn this modern oasis right off the must see Lanes. If you are looking for 'old world charm', you might want to avoid this one.

Staff is friendly and helpful. The standard double room lacks a closet, but does have hangers on the wall for your close. Still plenty of room for the single traveler. Beds are comfy with plenty of pillows.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo
london
Reviewed 11 March 2010

A group of 22 friends and I stayed at MyHotel in Brighton and it was perfect. We wanted modern and sophisticated but also fun, as we were a group of all ages. Whilst we wanted relaxation and a few drinks we were not looking for the usual rowdy hen weekend! We actually ended up spending most of our time in the hotel, which had a great bar and Table (the restaurant) was truely lovely. Great service and friendly staff who made organising a large group of people very easy! We will def go back for a reunion!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
England
Reviewed 10 March 2010

I have stayed in many hotels over the years in many cities but this one out shines them all. The staff were friendly, efficient and helpful all the time, whether you were in the reception, bar or restaurant. The building itself is stunning to look at. It's modern and inventive. The fish tanks in the walls of the reception and in particular the bar area were very nice touches. The whole impression of the hotel is that it is both strikingly modern yet humble too. Whislt it could seem flashy at times (the blue neon room numbers that put you in mind of certain sci-fi television programmes) it was never really 'in your face'. Even the candles in the entrance and the scented oil burners at reception were novel yet not out of place.

The food was exceptionally good and a pleasant surprise too. The menu was well thought out and original when compared to most hotel fare and delicious to eat. Ok, so the breakfast I had was a fairly standard continental but the view from the dining area was great. The open space between the hotel and the city library allowed you to watch the world go by in a chilled out fashion. I will be looking to go back in the summer when it is warmer just so that we can sit outside to enjoy the experience more.

We took had the opportunity to use the bar in the evening. We had been advised that it was a popular venue despite being located in a hotel. The reason we found out was for the cocktails! The menu was great, some old classics with some Myhotel originals too. It was a shame we were not there longer, there were more on that list that I wanted to try!

The room was great. the mix of eastern art, feng shui and pleasing lines set it off perfectly. The bed was comfortable, warm and inviting. I was also impressed by the iron and ironing board in the wardrobe too, both were good quality. My only criticisms were that the toilet and shower area were not seperated from the main room sufficiently. It could certainly put off those people who are more shy. And the rooms on the front of the hotel face a glass fronted office block which is close enough fo you to see into. Definitely don't wander around your room naked during the working week unless you want to put on a show!

Finally, the simple fact that the hotel is so central in Brighton made our stay so much more enjoyable. The Laines were right at the end of the road, there's a theatre 50 yards away (which I wish I'd taken advantage of) and everything else is within a 10 minute radius, including the station and the pier.

Having been recommend by a friend that I should try this hotel I will recommed it all of mine and I look forward to booking again later on this year!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
england
Reviewed 8 March 2010

My son booked me a night at this delightful hotel for my birthday treat. The room was excellent with every amenity one might need. The decor is unusual, but I loved the mood lighting and the facility to plug in my i pod and have surround sound. Free wifi was also included - a real plus!
We enjoyed VIP cocktails in the evening in the bar which had a great atmosphere and staff able to advise on a variety of cocktails, not just those on the menu.
Breakfast was great with a real variety on offer buffet style. A full English was available at a small additional cost.
Sunday lunch was truly excellent value. The rib of beef was perfectly cooked and came with a number of vegetables. The sticky toffee pudding was to die for.

iI was lucky enough to have an hour and a half of treatments booked. The therapist was knowledgeable and discussed how I would best like to use the time. She was fantastic. The aches and pains, stress and strain simply disappeared under her magic touch.

The hotel is centrally located, with shops and restaurants on the doorstep. The lanes are superb for shopping for that unusual gift and the walk to the sea front is easy.

This was a magic weekend and one I can't wait to repeat! I fully recommend this delightful hotel.

• Stayed March 2010
Southampton
Reviewed 8 March 2010

Stayed at this hotel in the centre of brighton, had planned to go and have dinner elsewhere but after sampling the breakfast, booked lunch and dinner and was not dissapointed!

the bar downstairs is amazing, great cocktails, friendly staff, nice quiet rooms and will definatley stay again when next in brighton.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank Southamptonboy
London, UK
Reviewed 1 March 2010

Of course it helps your opinion when you get a free upgrade to a better room at check-in, but having just had a brilliant weekend in Brighton, I immediately want to go back for another weekend break and the hotel forms a big part of that want. Having stayed at various Brighton hotels in the past, I’ve seen a lot of tired places that simply rely on the masses of hapless mini-breakers and the generally brisk summer trade to rake in pots of money without investing much more than a coat of paint and a mop – and sometimes not even that. I’ve also discovered some real hidden gems that I try to return to. Unfortunately (or fortunately for them maybe), these places tend to be quite small, get discovered by many others and are booked too far in advance for a last-minute weekend break. Myhotel is happily a large, reliable, modern, clean, funky, well-thought-out hotel.

We stayed in a superior double on the third floor that was spacious, quiet and looked a little bit like a 90’s iMac – the décor won’t appeal to all and will probably date quickly, but it did make me smile and I trust myhotel will update the colour scheme when that becomes necessary, because it did give off the impression of being a very professionally run business. The staff were efficient and more than functionally pleasant. When in Brighton, I will always try to stay at the couple of boutique hotels I know and trust, but if they’re not available, I won’t bother with anything else and will come straight to myhotel. Next time I’m going to bring a suitcase big enough to steal one of those amazing mattresses.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple