My Brighton
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
2,331 results
All reviewscocktail barchilli pickletoilet dooropen plan bathroomfrosted glass doorcarousel roomcurved wallsfunky hoteltesco expresssuperior roomcar parkthe penthousehotel barnorth lainesteam roomcentral locationdvd player
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 April 2010

Stayed here for 1 night over the Easter Bank holiday and can only rate it as 10/10 in all ways. The rooms, staff and bars, restaurants on site are all immaculate and would highly recommend it to anyone. My only complaint was that we'd not booked for a longer stay.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2010

My partner and I decided on a spur of the moment weekend away in Brighton and after checking a few hotels online (all mainly booked due to unknown party political conferrence that weekend) we stumbled across this rather interesting looking hotel. We called the number and got through to a bubbly person in Miami who was actually very helpful indeed. On arriving at the hotel, which to say we had never been before was very easy to find, we were stunned at how funky and fresh looking it was. With a silver bean shapped front desk to the massive fish tank behind it. The staff were friendly approachable and more than willing to help. On arrival to our room I was blown away. My partner well he thought it was a bit pink, but I loved it all from the light changing colour constantly to the very nice white flat screen on the wall. From the funky shower to the very comfortable bed. The bathroom yes its open plan but still you can keep your modesty if you want to!!! I loved the wonderful details in the room the row of lights above the hanging rail in the wardrobe and the ipod speaker system. The only downside was that we were on the first floor and couldnt open the blind people outside would have seen everything (to be honest the blind was so pretty you didnt mind). We had a drink in the bar which again was totally funky its lighting was subtle and more fish tanks. We were assured that its was the hottest bar in town. Diner in the resturant was outstanding and the resturant staff again were happy and friendly. I had the steak which was cooked perfectly and my partner had the lamb which he assured me was very nice. The staff recommended a great bottle of wine too. All in all this was a great hotel young modern funky and fun all combined with comfort what could be better? There was a DJ who is there on weekend nights but in our room we didnt hear a thing and we had a great night sleep. I would highly recommend this hotel and would return in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LondonMindy
Reviewed 20 March 2010

Hot pink floors, wild carpets, psychadelic doors, clean white walls and white furniture adorn this modern oasis right off the must see Lanes. If you are looking for 'old world charm', you might want to avoid this one.

Staff is friendly and helpful. The standard double room lacks a closet, but does have hangers on the wall for your close. Still plenty of room for the single traveler. Beds are comfy with plenty of pillows.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 March 2010

A group of 22 friends and I stayed at MyHotel in Brighton and it was perfect. We wanted modern and sophisticated but also fun, as we were a group of all ages. Whilst we wanted relaxation and a few drinks we were not looking for the usual rowdy hen weekend! We actually ended up spending most of our time in the hotel, which had a great bar and Table (the restaurant) was truely lovely. Great service and friendly staff who made organising a large group of people very easy! We will def go back for a reunion!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 March 2010

I have stayed in many hotels over the years in many cities but this one out shines them all. The staff were friendly, efficient and helpful all the time, whether you were in the reception, bar or restaurant. The building itself is stunning to look at. It's modern and inventive. The fish tanks in the walls of the reception and in particular the bar area were very nice touches. The whole impression of the hotel is that it is both strikingly modern yet humble too. Whislt it could seem flashy at times (the blue neon room numbers that put you in mind of certain sci-fi television programmes) it was never really 'in your face'. Even the candles in the entrance and the scented oil burners at reception were novel yet not out of place.

The food was exceptionally good and a pleasant surprise too. The menu was well thought out and original when compared to most hotel fare and delicious to eat. Ok, so the breakfast I had was a fairly standard continental but the view from the dining area was great. The open space between the hotel and the city library allowed you to watch the world go by in a chilled out fashion. I will be looking to go back in the summer when it is warmer just so that we can sit outside to enjoy the experience more.

We took had the opportunity to use the bar in the evening. We had been advised that it was a popular venue despite being located in a hotel. The reason we found out was for the cocktails! The menu was great, some old classics with some Myhotel originals too. It was a shame we were not there longer, there were more on that list that I wanted to try!

The room was great. the mix of eastern art, feng shui and pleasing lines set it off perfectly. The bed was comfortable, warm and inviting. I was also impressed by the iron and ironing board in the wardrobe too, both were good quality. My only criticisms were that the toilet and shower area were not seperated from the main room sufficiently. It could certainly put off those people who are more shy. And the rooms on the front of the hotel face a glass fronted office block which is close enough fo you to see into. Definitely don't wander around your room naked during the working week unless you want to put on a show!

Finally, the simple fact that the hotel is so central in Brighton made our stay so much more enjoyable. The Laines were right at the end of the road, there's a theatre 50 yards away (which I wish I'd taken advantage of) and everything else is within a 10 minute radius, including the station and the pier.

Having been recommend by a friend that I should try this hotel I will recommed it all of mine and I look forward to booking again later on this year!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple