“I'm definitely coming back! ”
Review of Motel Schmotel

Motel Schmotel
Ranked #34 of 95 Brighton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

This is a charming place to stay! Very individual and run by people who care about putting quality and comfort together in an affordable package. Spotlessly clean, fresh food cooked with love and a personal touch that evades bigger establishments. Why 4 instead of 5 dots? My en-suite was just on the small side of comfortable. I will return and bring colleagues along next year.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MG1960

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Great location, can get parking, rooms and ensuites well furnished but are small, in fact I would say that the bathroom was akin to a caravan bathroom! Breakfast was yummy and staff friendly. Good value for the centre of Brighton

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Khlara
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed for one night and felt quite restored. There's only 9 rooms and some of them are a bit small, but the owners are clearly keen to offer comfort and value for money. We had a triple room which had a view of the square from a small balcony. The room was clean, the bathroom looked new and the bed was very comfortable. The staff member who met us was friendly and efficient and delivered a superb breakfast to our room the following morning at the time we selected. There were some really nice extra touches: a flower on our breakfast tray, little sweets on the bed, Penguin biscuits with the tea and coffee in the room, Ecover hand soap in the bathroom. The building itself and the square may look a little tired but it's very close to the seafront and old West Pier and you'll get a much warmer welcome here than in some of the bigger hotels. As it's a small motel there's no reception, bar or any of that stuff - it's just a collection of rooms and a breakfast room in the basement, which was fine for us this time.

Room Tip: Room 4 overlooks the square.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank margypargy24A
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We recently stayed for 2 nights. The staff were very accommodating with regards to gluten free breakfasts. The breakfast had plenty of choice and was delivered to our room at a time we requested. The room was small, but adequate and did the job. It was cute and clean with tea/coffee facilities. The hotel was very close to all the main attractions in Brighton. Our room also had a balcony which was room 3. My only small concern was the noisy radiator in our room, but again was no major issue and I am a light sleeper when not at home in my own bed. I would definitely stay here again and recommend this hotel highly. The breakfast was the high light!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rebecca T
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

We found the service,room & location very satisfactory. My only complaint was the soft mattress which increased the pain I suffer from arthritis. Otherwise we were happy with everything,I enjoyed a full English breakfast in my room,excellent!!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank k-mg-suffolk-uk
Reviewed 30 April 2014

This bed and breakfast has a great central location, ideal for the beach, shops, bars and restaurants. The staff are very friendly and helpful (they even posted my phone charger, which I had accidentally left in the room, back to me). The rooms are very pleasant and for only £10 you can park all day. The highlight is the amazing breakfast which you can have in your room or in the dining room. The choice and quality are exceptional.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Vicki M
Reviewed 22 April 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed here over the Easter weekend and it was perfect for what we needed! Cosy, clean rooms, with wi-fi, TV, fridge and en-suite.

It's perfectly placed to explore Brighton ideally placed near to The Lanes, Seafront and City shopping.

The breakfasts were amazing and the full English, with a hint of 'coolness' attached to it probably would have cost at least £10 each in the restaurants and cafe's near - AND it was brought to our room to have in bed!!!

We will stay here again next time we have a weekend/break in Brighton.

100% recommend.