Motel Schmotel
Legends Hotel(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$101
  • Breakfast included
Ibis Brighton City Centre Station(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$89
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Brighton(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$122
US$112
PremierInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsbreakfast in bedquiet squareboiled eggsfull englishthe main shopping areathe ground floorrooms are smallmy partnershower roomstayed for nightsideal locationlovely breakfastlovely touchtea coffeeshort staya lovely staylovely room
Reviewed 1 August 2009

Motel Schmotel is a charming little B+B in an excellent location. The welcome is warm, efficient and genuine. We stayed in room 7 which is on the top floor and one of the small doubles. We expected the room to be small and indeed it is! However it has everything you need and the bathroom is thoughtfully arranged. The shower is pretty small and although I coped pretty well being over 6 foot, I wouldn't have fancied being any larger. Room was clean and shower hot and decently powerful. Do bring earplugs if you are a light sleeper as we could hear normal volume conversation in the room next door like they were in our room, and the seagulls are can be particularly raucus at 3am in the morning! Breakfast was great and the owners are very accomodating with regards to leaving bags. Would return but probably for a larger room and would bring earplugs!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank robinthered
Reviewed 26 July 2009

From the friendly and warm welcoming to the warm goodbye This is the B&B I recommend to you all. Our room was small and so was the showerroom, so what. The atmosphere, the helpfulnes, the cheerfulnes, nothing seemed to be impossible. Motel Schmotel will be our choice when we visit Brighton the next time, say 2010/11.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2009

What a wonderful place to stay. Clean, fresh rooms, wonderful breakfast and a lovely family.
The rooms are spacious with a television, mini fridge and plenty of surfaces to keep your things on. There's nothing else we needed. A wonderfully, light room and enough space for me and my mum. Amsy, Paul, Jackson and little Alabama are wonderful and very welcoming, they was nothing else they could have done for us. :)
BREAKFAST! We had breakfast in bed every morning, they catered for all of our needs (we can't drink milk and mum can't eat eggs.) Paul thankfully brought our breakfast to our room every morning. I had dippy egg on the first morning and my eggs came with little faces on and good morning messages! The cooked breakfast is wonderful with their own little touch. And other options if you don't fancy something to heavy like fresh fruit or cereal...
There is Wifi, although we didn't use it, and ironing boards and hairdryers ect. ect. for you to use when ever you like. :) You can pop in and out when you feel like it as you have your own set of keys for both front doors.
What a wonderful stay we had and for a first time in Brighton, we will definately be coming back. Thankyou Amsy and Paul!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2009

My two girlfriends and I have just had a lovely stay here. We have an annual girls weekend in Brighton and we have stayed in some real dumps, I can tell you, many in the same square as this hotel. Motel Schmotel however, was absolutely lovely, a real find. Genuinely friendly and laid back owners (who also live there) and who you can see really care about you having an enjoyable stay. Amazing breakfast (available delivered to your room) - the Sussex sausage was delicious! huge portions too and if you thought fry ups were unhealthy, think again; not a greasy splodge in sight. We stayed in a triple room - one single bed and a huge king size (?) double - so big that I shared it with my friend and it felt I was sleeping on my own. It's the small touches too - a small fridge in the room with fresh milk, a bottle of water and Penguins (the biscuit), Fairtrade tea/sugar/coffee, complimentary toiletries, a breakfast menu that let you choose builder's tea! Clean and tidy room with ensuite shower room - yes, the shower cubicle was small, but how much time do you really want to spend in there when on holiday?! Great location too for the seafront and for the shops. All in all, a really fab stay and we've already booked up for next year. That's how much we liked it.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 June 2009

Inventive name, clean rooms (fabulous smelling linen), fresh flowers and amazing breakfast (particular compared to previous experiences with English breakfast). Not least, very friendly and laidback owners. All set for a relaxing holiday in Brighton. I loved it all, almost. The only minus was the small bathroom (however, it was very cleverly fitted out).

I will defintely go back if I'm visiting Brighton again.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family