“Fantastic breakfast in a greeat location”
Review of Motel Schmotel

Motel Schmotel
Ranked #34 of 94 Brighton B&B and Inns
Nottingham, UK
“Fantastic breakfast in a greeat location”
Reviewed 9 October 2009

Our double room was small, but had everything we needed (including fresh milk and Penguins), and was definitely big enough for two full grown men to wallow in their unexpected hangovers until 2pm on a sunny Saturday.

Amsy was very welocming upon our arrival and was happy to to offer suggestions of things to see and do. The breakfast in bed was fantastic, especially on hangover day, and the fish finger sandwich was a delight.

They do have a parking space available outside, which I think costs £8 per day, but book it early if you need it. We used the Russell Street NCP which, although at bit pricey at £15 per 24 hours, was very handy and just round the corner.

A wonderful and funky little B&B right in the centre of Brighton, would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Oxford
Reviewed 7 October 2009

i would book to stay here again if I was going to be staying in Brighton. It has a lovely feel to the place and the owners/staff are very friendly. I already know Brighton fairly well, but when booking in there was information about the area easily available.
It was nice to have the opportunity to have breakfast in bed each morning, the food was lovely and everything needed was provided.
The room was clean and practical. The only down side was the small en-suite, you had to be careful when moving around it so that the doors didn't swing wide open, as there wasn't any way of locking them for privacy!!!
The situation of Motel Schmotel was also a bonus. It is easy to get in town and to have a wander along the seafront.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 30 September 2009

We felt very pampered; our host carried our delicious breakfast up the stairs to our top-floor room and they provided help and information whenever asked. Our small double was indeed small and we would probably ask for a larger room next time, but we would highly recommend and definitely return.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
West Midlands
Reviewed 25 September 2009

This hotel is situated right by a main secure car park (Churchill) which although overnight parking was a huge £25, was extremely convenient when travelling with colleagues and a large amount of luggage.

On arrival in the hotel we were given our room numbers and we weren't disappointed. Although a couple of my colleagues rooms were a little compact they were excellently equipped and very nicely styled. I stayed in room 6 and had a fantastically huge king size bed and lovely large windows over looking Russell Square gardens.

There was wifi available to all guests although once in my cosy room I felt my work could probably wait till the next day.

I chose to have breakfast in my room although there is a breakfast room available for those who like to be more sociable. I didn't have a cooked breakfast but instead chose a bowl of cereal, some wonderful toast (I believe made with freshly baked bread), peppermint tea and was delighted to find an assortment of fresh fruit and a glass of juice for good measure.

Finally I would like to mention the owners. You will never be made to feel so welcome and experience such accommodating vendors. I had a mini crisis whilst my colleagues were out in the evening and Amsy and Paul were really great.

I can't recommend this place enough!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
Manchester
Reviewed 24 September 2009

This hotel is genuine, lovely and a pleasure to stay in. I've never felt so welcome in a hotel before and I'd definitely stay there again.
The room was very comfortable, breakfast was beautiful and the owners were friendly and helpful. You could not hope for a better stay.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Toulouse, France
Reviewed 12 September 2009

We stayed at Motel Schmotel in August and just loved it. I just wish we could have spent a few more days there… Really nice rooms with perfect care of decoration and details, very friendly and relaxed welcome, gorgeous breakfast, fantastic location —close to eveything but very quiet little square— and very reasonable fare. We'll be back, that's for sure! Thanks Amsy, Paul and kids, see you next year!

hong kong
Reviewed 2 September 2009

I stayed with my partner and a friend for just one night and we had a wonderful stay at Motel Schmotel. The rooms are modern and stylish, and we had plenty of room for three people. Amsy and Paul are warm, easy going hosts and the breakfast was absolutely delicious (we opted for Full English)! It's centrally located and an easy walk to all the local sights, like the Pier and the Lanes from Russell Square. We will definitely stay here again when we're next in Brighton and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Motel Schmotel to anyone looking for accommodation in Brighton.