“Warm, cosy, welcoming with loads of love..”
Review of Motel Schmotel

Motel Schmotel
Ranked #35 of 94 Brighton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 May 2010

After much searching and looking at many reviews, i would have to fully agree with all the postings on trip advisor about motelschmotel! I spent a weekend solo in Brighton and after cancelling one night originally because of time restraints, I rebooked the second night as soon as I arrived! I cannot sincerely congratulate Paul and Amsy on such a successful B & B. I felt like I was at home with the warm hospitality, fabulous information...funky rooms and decor...bright and colourful...just felt like I was at home~!! Thanks guys as you have put so much effort and love into an experience that I will never forget and i assure you I will rave about you when I get home to Australia. I just loved the boiled eggs with the smiley faces and tea cosy!! :) For other travellers..the only other place I could make similar is the Beehive in Rome..just gives you some comparison. Great location, good price and fabulous breakfast. :0 10/10

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Motel Schmotel

Reviewed 28 April 2010

We booked in at the Motel Schmotel for two nights on the 25th & 26th April after reading the fab reviews on Tripadvisor and were delighted that our stay lived up to our expectations! We were met by Paul who gave us a great idea of places to eat and drink in the area that had been tried and tested.

Our room was clean and colourfully decorated and the bed was huge.

We opted for breakfast in bed both mornings which was great little touch when dealing with a hangover and the food was scrumptious! We'll definitely return.

Reviewed 25 April 2010

We have travelled a fair bit and stayed in many small hotels. What we will say sincerely is that this was central to everything you need, clean, and the service offered was fab.. We would highly recommend this to anyone for a great comfortable stay in a fabulous resort.
Thanks Paul and Amsy x

Reviewed 24 April 2010

I have just returned home after a lovely stay at the Motel Schmotel. I must say that I totally agree with all the wonderful things people have said about this B&B before me; it is absolutely an amazing B&B. In fact, it is the best I have ever stayed in. I love everything about it - the location, the service (Amsy and Paul are the best host couple ever, thank you so much for being so very helpful and nice), the rooms (small, but cozy), the decor, the breakfast. I will definitely stay here next time I travel to Brighton. Undoubtedly, you need not look any further for a B&B, choose this one.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2010

Lovely little B&B in a great location. We had the back room on the ground floor which may be a little on the small side for some, but we found it just right, especially at £65 per night! Amsy & Paul are very pleasant and the breakfast is lovely. Hopefully we'll be back later in the year.

Reviewed 14 April 2010

Just had a great weekend in Brighton where we stayed at the Motel Schmotel. Just loved the very friendly atmosphere and very comfortable room. Our host Amsy recommended some great local eateries and things to do. Completely loved the breakfast in bed - a luxury definitely worth repeating ! Schmotel is brilliantly located close to all good things in Brighton - we are looking forward to a return visit.

Reviewed 14 April 2010

From start to finish our stop at Motel Schmotel was a complete dream.

Perfect location, beautiful décor, delicious food and more importantly two completely lovely hosts in Amsy and Paul who went out of their way to cater for our every whim

Quite literally a home from home.. we will most certainly be back!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends