“Delightful cottage in a great location”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Sea Breeze Cottage
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
kneno
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Delightful cottage in a great location”
Reviewed 19 January 2018 for a stay in January 2018
people found this review helpful

We hired this house for a friends birthday and had a fantastic time. Clean, attractive and in a central location. The owner also had parking which I know from previous visits to Brighton is a big plus in Brighton. We will probably rebook next year as this property was everything we needed and much better than ones we have hired locally before.

Dip_N_Daz...
East Sussex, United Kingdom
“Wonderful short break”
Reviewed 17 November 2017 for a stay in November 2017

Had a fantastic last minute short break down here in Brighton. Great location, cosy, well furnished and as described. Log burning stove particularly well appreciated at this cold time of year.

Looking forward to hopefully staying again in the summer next year.

Ccmlfinch
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Disappointing ”
Reviewed 15 November 2017 for a stay in November 2017
person found this review helpful

I booked this cottage as it appears in both the video and photos to be of high quality and well maintained

It is centrally located which is great. You can walk everywhere from here and is close to the beach, Waitrose, and all the shops and bars.

However on arrival we decided not to stay as the property was not up to the stands reflected in the images or video. I have taken pictures but do not seem able to load them.

Clearly these videos and picture were taken when the property was first set up. Since then, after use, the property has become tired. It was not to the standard of accommodation I like and I didn’t feel I could stay so I had to find alternative accommodation that night.

To list a few things:
The “welcome” mat in the entrance was filthy. Whilst I understand it’s s door mat, it should be cleaned.

The kitchen door and door mat again very dirty

The stair carpet needed cleaning

The ground floor bedroom woodwork was in need of attention

The skirting board under the bay window in the lounge was missing and plaster on the wall required work.

Upstairs the bathrooms had a mild damp / drains smell.

There was a hair on one of the beds

Old sponges left out for us to use in the kitchen - these should be new!

Garden requiring attention

All mops ironing board etc left out on lounge- a cupboard was there where they could have been stored?!?

All these things are small but added together leave the property feeling jaded and well below the standard in the images.

I think if you are looking for a central base and of a three star standard this is it. If you want 4/5 star it needs some attention.

The owner has been made aware of my situation and has agreed to refund my parking. I would have hoped for at least one nights refund too since we never even slept there and if it had been matching the Accommodation level in picture I would have stayed - but it seems we are at odds about this.

It has super potential. If it can return to the finish it had before then this would be a super place to rent. These properties need constant attention to maintain standards.

Management Response
28 Dec 2017
This property has had completely new carpet and flooring at the end of November and was also fully repainted at this date. There were no mops or ironing board in the living room these were left in the kitchen. The rose garden has now been pruned. Due to the types of rose these need to wait until pruning until December as November was too early for this according to the garden designer. They have now been pruned.
Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

Management Response
22 Oct 2017
This review is simply wrong. Firstly there is no CCTV with sound recording inside this property. This is simply rubbish and would also be illegal. The parking space which comes with the property is in the next street. This is central Brighton and the option is one of the public car parks which cost much more and there is often a queue to use. This space is optional and is rented for guests that want it and is £12 a night for mid-week stays. It is not owned by me and I it is only made available for guests as I want them to have a convenient parking option. Parking is not easy in Brighton and having a parking space available makes guests lives very easy. Yes there is one rule and regulation which is that the neighbours do not want parties taking place outside the building. It is therefore not possible to use the garden after 9.30pm. This is clearly advertised in the property description and on my website and in all the guest information. This is a licensing restriction for the property as without it I'm afraid the property would be shut down quickly by the council. This is because before this rule parties used to frequently get taken outside the property until 2am and this was simply unfair on the neighbours. I am sorry that your group wished to go into the garden after this time and weren't able to. As there are other doors your access was only restricted to this area. As for the building work this was carried out to a good standard as can be seen from the video footage of the property which is an unforgiving medium and can't be touched up like photos which is why so few property owners use it. Everything in the property was designed to be good quality from Bosh appliances throughout and new flooring fitted only two weeks ago as even this is replaced annually.
Mark H
“The location and property is amazing - the beach is close as well as Brighton's buzzing nightlife and attractions!”
Reviewed 6 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

We had a party of 8 and the cottage was more than big enough, with all the amenities being modern and clean. There are a couple of great pubs and breweries on the street (30 seconds away) as well as the high-street being at the bottom of the road with plenty of restaurants and fast food outlets. We didn't need to get public transport the whole weekend as everything we wanted was so close! The beach, pier and and the bars at the beachfront are all around a 10-15 minute walk from the property. I would highly recommend this property and Catherine was a helpful and informative host.

Your age range 18-24
JustineSi...
“Comfortable. Great location. Well-suited for our stay.”
Reviewed 19 February 2017 for a stay in February 2017

The property was very modern, beds were comfy and all appliances were easy to use. It was in an ideal location and perfectly suited to sleeping a big group of us for a university reunion. A nice, open plan lounge/dining area was very accommodating and made for a nice living space. It was great being so close to the beach to get in a brisk early morning stroll along the seafront and equally it was nice to not have to walk far back from wherever we were in town to chill out for a little bit. No wifi connection issues and the TV worked fine as well. The patio was also a lovely addition but didn’t use it that much given the cold temperatures! Can imagine it being great for barbecues etc in the summer. For the purposes of our stay, the property exceeded expectations and fitted the bill. Would recommend to others and would definitely stay here again.

juliancwi...
London, United Kingdom
“Cosy and welcoming”
Reviewed 18 February 2017 for a stay in February 2017
person found this review helpful

I had a wonderful stay at the cottage. It was the first time I had seen some of my family for many years as they now live in Australia and rarely come back over to England. The cottage was about as centrally located as you can get in Brighton, being a 10 minute walk to the station and a 1 minute walk to the beach and City centre. It was clean, very well equipped and pretty much as expected from the online photos and video tour of it, which we were directed to before booking. The one downside is that I wasn’t able to bring along my dog, so sadly he had to stay at home but this seems to be the case with many holiday homes in Brighton.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing