“Scrumptious dinner”
Review of Sam's of Brighton - CLOSED

Sam's of Brighton
Price range: US$16 - US$46
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located on Paston Place in the heart of Kemp Town village, Sam's of Brighton is a stone's throw from the Brighton Pier and the Marina. Sister restaurant to Sam's of Sevendials in the heart of Brighton, this chic and elegant family-owned bistro - with an understated neutral colour scheme, wooden floors and deco-inspired lamps - is popular with a fashionable local crowd. Sam's serves classic yet creative dishes made from the finest seasonal ingredients, and the restaurant's award-winning menu features favourites such as the Shetland rope-grown mussels with spiced coconut, vanilla, and red peppers; roast rabbit loin served with soft polenta and savoy cabbage; and the rice pudding with blood orange for dessert. Sam's also has an excellent selection of both old and new world wines, many available by the glass and carafe. Sam's of Brighton was voted "Runner Up BEST UK NEWCOMER" by the Harden's Guide 2010.
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Had not been to sam's for a while we managed to get the last table, the restaurant was full lovely atmosphere the waiting staff were great only three of them on but what a great job they did we will be going back very soon

1  Thank Zena B

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Sam's never fails to deliver on quality ingredients cooked to perfection and presented elegantly.

The chef does a wonderful job of marrying the best local produce with the finer touches!

I am always so satisfied with my meal and always leave smiling.

1  Thank rachel g
Reviewed 14 March 2014

We had a groupon for a 2 course meal and tried SAMs out. We were not disappointed. I started with the scallops and my wife the lamb cutlets. They were well cooked and beautifully presented. For main my wife had the steak and I had the vegetable stack. The meat was perfectly cooked and my dish was unusual and tasty. We finished off with desert and my chocolate and banana desert was superb. Great ambience and friendly service.

2  Thank CC025
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We went with some friends on a Friday evening who had ate there before, this restaurant is highly recommended. Starting of my beautiful with some fresh bread an exceptional balsamic vinegar followed by a nice plate of oysters. I had the Scallops followed by the belly pork and it was all of a very high standard, well presented and delicious.

The service was spot on not rushed or pushy but not slow either. Would highly recommend, if I had one moan its was paying £90 for 3 bottles of Rioja. Would defiantly go back very soon.

2  Thank Eddielumbard
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Took my partner for his birthday dinner and we both loved it ! Service was excellent, friendly and attentive,without being overbearing.
Food was first rate, all courses were well executed and innovative.
We even were seated in the booth as requested !!!!
Memorable night, we will be back.

1  Thank Elv W