“Quirky Style, Yummy Food”
Review of The Tea Cosy - CLOSED

The Tea Cosy
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Came here for tea during a hen weekend. Eccentric decor and lovely staff. I had a salted caramel scone which was a revelation to me. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

1  Thank GeekGirl_Klo

Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Second visit and still a friendly and charming establishment. Refreshing and top notch tea. We ordered perfectly cooked boiled eggs and soldiers and boy did we get them. From the first spoonful we knew these were amongst some of the best eggs we had experienced. It's a great place. Go.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

This place is interesting with its nostalgic decor it is quirky and fun. Great location for afternoon tea. I think it is under new management and I think the level of service is friendly but sparse. When we first walked in there was no one about but someone came up from downstairs which I think may be the living quarters. Service was with a smile but after our order had been taken the staff disappear again off downstairs. It might be good to have someone to hand in case people want to order something extra. It was pretty empty so it might be an idea to advertise themselves with deals on groupon etc. The afternoon tea was tasty but an amazing addition for me would be if they had clotted cream instead of whipped. A minor thing but something I love in a traditional afternoon tea. Also their web page (or was it Facebook page one of them) advertises that if you are there at 4 everyone is stood up for the national anthem. This didn't happen and we had booked to be there at that time for it as it sounded like part of the fun novelty. I would definitely return and I think it was well priced for the amount.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

It's great, camp but not in Kemp Town!... Good tea and service, however don't upset the management (of one).

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Local friend took me here for Saturday Lunch, décor is incredibly nostalgic and patriotic which adds to the whole experience. I opted for the Salmon sandwiches and Nutella Scone which were wonderful, value for money is also brilliant and completely worth it!

Highly recommend if you're in the area!