I emailed the following complaint, didn't have a response after a few days, so chased it, still have never had a response:
I am writing to complain about a cooked breakfast we had with you.
My wife and I decided to come in for a cooked "slap-up" breakfast with you as we were travelling right the day through the day on Valentine's Day, so weren't able to go out for a meal in the evening as we were with family in Wales.
We arrived at approximately 9am and and both had a cooked full English (we had different ones, but I can't remember what they were actually called), and all I can say is that we were extremely disappointed by the quality of the food and the service provided, to whit:
1) The baked beans were cold
2) The crockery was chipped
3) The tea was weak
4) The staff were abrupt, if not rude (a lady with short hair) - I felt like I was asking her to donate a kidney when I asked for some extra bread!
5) My orange juice did not arrive until the staff were reminded, at which point I had virtually finished my breakfast - to my mind it should arrive before the main breakfast, or at least with it
6) The toast was burned
7) The restaruant was cold
We did not complain on the day as, so far as was possible, this was our Valentines meal, and we did not want to spoil that. We also had a 6.5 hour journey ahead of us, so did not have the time.
I would appreciate your thoughts on how you will recompense this poor service and quality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Downs Hotel is set on top of a hill overlooking rolling countryside down to the sea. We are family run and pride ourselves on offering guests a warm welcome. With a bus stop outside that takes you into the centre of Brighton within 15 minutes you can leave your car in our FREE car park and enjoy our beautiful city leisurely. We have a traditional English bar which is popular with locals and has a pool table & darts board. We serve a variety of beers & ales (inc locally produced ones), alongside this our inviting restaurant offers homemade traditional dishes, and our head chef Brendan creates some wonderful weekly specials. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Expedia, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, Book Direct Rooms, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your The Downs Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.