“very dirty and dodgy”

Ranked #36 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
Bristol, United Kingdom
“very dirty and dodgy”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

When I saw the hotel the first thing in my mind was : omg... It looked like an abandoned building, but I needed to stay somewhere and I already had my room booked and payed for. Thge room was dirty: dust on the surfaices, including the kettle that I didn't touch because it looked black instead of white. The walls were covered in dirt, the bins were not changes and there was pubic hair in the shower as well as sink. The toilet was dirty and I didn't have toilet paper. All night there was a lot of noise, so couldn't really sleep. You could hear police cars going up and down the road with sirens on. Besides there was a noise coming from the floor above me, don't know what it was, but it was really loud. The only good thing about this room is that they had a clean bed

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Having stayed at this hotel several times before I did not have to think twice about staying here again staff were very friendly nothing seemed to be too much trouble, room was clean tidy and comfy bed was one of the most comfy I've slept in bathroom was very clean, breakfast was good with a good selection to choose from, would not hesitate in staying here again

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

Beaminster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Room and bedding was clean,bathroom/shower clean but disappointing no shower gel/shampoo
supplied,just a tiny bar of soap,which was impossible to unwrap(I had my own toiletries)
Also no hair dryer in room.
I did not eat there so no comments on breakfast,although I did think £7.50 was expensive
and wanted WiFi...Travel Lodge WiFi £5 per HOUR!!! that freaked me ...what a rip off.....
I mention hair dryer/toiletries etc., on my departure,staff said it was being looked into.
Budget Hotel, but expected slightly more.
Don't know if stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
TravelodgeUK, Nicolas from Customer Services at Travelodge Brighton Seafront Hotel, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
We are sorry to learn that you were unhappy with the lack of toiletries and hairdryers in our rooms Deeqew. As a brand standard, we do not provide toiletries or hairdryers in our rooms, however toiletries can be purchased from our vending machines in reception and hairdryers are available from the front desk on a first come first serve basis. This then allows us to continue to offer great rates for our customers. We are also sorry to learn that you were unhappy with our WiFi charges. We would like to remain competitive with our charges therefore we would like to thank you for your feedback on this issue, however we are happy to confirm that WiFi is currently free in the bar café.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night. Staff were polite and the security was very good. The bed was comfortable. The shower was a little dirty. I would stay here for one night again as it is very close to the town.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Located by a subway that leads to the seafront. Staff were friendly and efficient. My room was generally clean and all amenities were in working order. However, the TV was tuned to only a few channels and the red button service was not available. It also did not contain a sleep timer. My room and the surrounding environment was quiet and the window was double glazed. However, The window needed cleaning and there was mould on the net curtain. The hot and cold breakfast buffet represented great value at £7.65. However, the windows in the restaurant were also in need of cleaning. Real ale was sadly unavailable at the bar. All of the floors are lift accessible. Staff asked if I enjoyed my stay when I checked out. Buses run along North Street nearby and there is a taxi rank outside my hotel. Apart from the windows, the hotel is basic, clean and functional and ideal for a couple of nights' stay in Brighton.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Leicester
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Stayed in Brighton for 1night good location right on the sea front clean rooms friendly receptioist would recommend we always stay here when we go to brighton car park just round the corner we parked on street

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Everything about the hotel seemed to have not been touched for about 15 years.. the bathroom was old fashioned with horrible blue lino flooring which stank of cigarettes. One of the bedside cabinets had been bolted shut and the TV sound was dreadful.

Had it not have been where I needed it to be, I would have stayed somewhere else after the experience.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

TravelodgeUK, Amy from Customer Services at Travelodge Brighton Seafront Hotel, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
It is regrettable to learn you did not enjoy your recent stay 45h845h. We can confirm that our hotels are completely smoke free so we are sorry to learn you found the bathroom had an unpleasant smell, we would also expect our TV’s to be fully functional. Please can you give us some more detail of your stay so we can address your concerns. To help us contact you please can you visit our website and select the Contact Us button to give us more detail and be sure to indicate you have left a TripAdvisor review when submitting your details.

Travellers are raving about these Brighton hotels