“No Herbal Teas”

Travelodge Brighton Seafront Hotel
Ranked #35 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Stayed here for two nights recently, whilst on a Hen weekend. Hotel very quite at night, even though it appeared to be full. No Shampoo/ Shower Gel in bathroom. No Herbal,Green or Earl Grey Teas in room. (Very disappointing), Otherwise a very enjoyable stay, Breakfast very good. Good value for money.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Write a ReviewReviews (1,694)

Reviewed 20 March 2014

I stayed for one night as I was attending an event at the Brighton Centre, a night here was cheaper than a taxi home so I wasn't expecting frills. That said, for someone who doesn't know Brighton the location of the Brighton Seafront Travelodge couldn't be better - 10 mins walk from the station, 1 min to the seafront, 5 min stroll to the main shops and the historic Laines with it's café culture.
The room was basic, ideal for one night. Bed was as comfy as some 5-star hotels and shower powerful. Just remember to pack shower gel, hair dryer etc.
Being on West Street (tourist club hotspot) do expect some noise, though I was pleased to see ample security at the door and a room on a higher floor was refreshingly quiet. Only disturbance was drunk 'neighbours' at 3am though they soon passed out and this is no fault of the property!
Overall a perfect spot for tourists to explore the city.

Room Tip: Higher floor offers more chance of a sea view
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I arrived at shortly before the 3pm checking time. Receptionist did not say hello / welcome me to Travelodge. I announced who I was and was told check in was at 3pm or " I must pay £10" she couldn't store my luggage as it " was against the rules" So I waited in the lobby until 3pm. Ok, it is only £10 however receptionist more focused on revenue than greeting her guests. Had I checked in at 11am I would have paid the money but an hour before when they have rooms available ? Room was large, double bed very comfortable & linen and duvet excellent. Towels fluffy. I had read previous reviews so knew that Travelodge do not place shampoo etc in room. I always take my own anyway. There is a very small bar of cheap soap that breaks up when you wash your hands. Only half a toilet roll so clearly been used by previous guest and not replaced. Not a nice thought. There is a message on towel rail to place towels in bath / shower once used if you want replenished. I stayed 2 nights and room not serviced - I had not placed " do not disturb" on door, so I returned late to towels still in wet shower and toilet tissue depleted. Bed un made . No telephone in room to contact reception / housekeeping. I had paid for breakfast on line. £7.95 did not represent value for money. Orange juice watery, no fresh milk to use in your tea / coffee ( UHT creamers , same as you get in your room are offered) !! I had one bite of the sausage - best avoid.. Very cheap. I opted to go to local cafe restaurant the following morning for a tasty breakfast. Checkout very friendly and warm by a different receptionist. A real shame the welcome was not as enthusiastic. I would strongly suggest you book local guest houses / bed and breakfasts that offer far better value for money and you'll get a warmer welcome. They certainly won't be asking for £10 to check in an hour early and they will store luggage, provide toiletries in room and clean room every day. And quality of breakfast probably a lot better and included in the price. My lesson learnt.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Can not believe some of the reviews below, is there two seafronts? because the one we stayed at was minutes from the station, right on the front. had lovely clean rooms and was staffed by people who could not be more pleasant.
Book it you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Ring ahead and ask for a sea view on the 7th or 8th floor
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 March 2014

When I saw the hotel the first thing in my mind was : omg... It looked like an abandoned building, but I needed to stay somewhere and I already had my room booked and payed for. Thge room was dirty: dust on the surfaices, including the kettle that I didn't touch because it looked black instead of white. The walls were covered in dirt, the bins were not changes and there was pubic hair in the shower as well as sink. The toilet was dirty and I didn't have toilet paper. All night there was a lot of noise, so couldn't really sleep. You could hear police cars going up and down the road with sirens on. Besides there was a noise coming from the floor above me, don't know what it was, but it was really loud. The only good thing about this room is that they had a clean bed

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Having stayed at this hotel several times before I did not have to think twice about staying here again staff were very friendly nothing seemed to be too much trouble, room was clean tidy and comfy bed was one of the most comfy I've slept in bathroom was very clean, breakfast was good with a good selection to choose from, would not hesitate in staying here again

Reviewed 8 March 2014

Room and bedding was clean,bathroom/shower clean but disappointing no shower gel/shampoo
supplied,just a tiny bar of soap,which was impossible to unwrap(I had my own toiletries)
Also no hair dryer in room.
I did not eat there so no comments on breakfast,although I did think £7.50 was expensive
and wanted WiFi...Travel Lodge WiFi £5 per HOUR!!! that freaked me ...what a rip off.....
I mention hair dryer/toiletries etc., on my departure,staff said it was being looked into.
Budget Hotel, but expected slightly more.
Don't know if stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
TravelodgeUK, Nicolas from Customer Services at Travelodge Brighton Seafront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

We are sorry to learn that you were unhappy with the lack of toiletries and hairdryers in our rooms Deeqew. As a brand standard, we do not provide toiletries or hairdryers in our rooms, however toiletries can be purchased from our vending machines in reception and hairdryers are available from the front desk on a first come first serve basis. This then allows us to continue to offer great rates for our customers. We are also sorry to learn that you were unhappy with our WiFi charges. We would like to remain competitive with our charges therefore we would like to thank you for your feedback on this issue, however we are happy to confirm that WiFi is currently free in the bar café.