“Great location & amazing stuff!”

Travelodge Brighton Seafront Hotel
Ranked #33 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I used to stay in Travelodge hotels quite often and couple of weeks ago I've stayed in Brighton Seafront one. The price was very appropriate to the the standard, location is just perfect, a bit noisy at night, but it's Brighton though. Bed amazingly comfortable and the stuff was just outstanding! :) Spanish receptionist gave me incredibly warm and professional welcome and she was very helpful through my whole stay. I got some issue with my breakfast and then some manager, Justine as far I remember, sorted my problem out in few minutes! What a great and professional service she provides!

I'll be back with my children for sure, keep going like that Brighton Seafront!

Room Tip: sea view room of course!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Travelodge Brighton Seafront Hotel

Reviewed 21 July 2014

You kind of know what to expect with a Travelodge hotel but this one was quite decent! The location is brilliant, if you want seafront it definitely is. Close to everything including the train station I think the location is its selling point. The reception area is clean and we were welcomed when we checked in by a member of staff who checked us in super quick which is always great as there is nothing worse than hanging around reception for check-in!

The room was small but clean and you could see the sea from our room which was nice. You could also hear the generators and fans from outside as it was overlooking the roof of the Travelodge but it didn't bother us so it depends what you are looking for really.

There was a TV with Freeview that worked within the room but apart from that the room is basic. No shower bits and pieces so be prepared for this.

All in all, Travelodge Brighton was a decent stay- you get what you pay for although it was quite expensive for a Travelodge, the location is fab so if you are looking for a place to sleep in then its absolutely fine!

Room Tip: I was in room 515!
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Great location, 10min walk from station and 2 min walk to the seafront. Average room, comfortable beds. It was incredible hot and there was no air con in the hotel, however they did give out fans for each room.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

I like Travelodge hotels they offer me the chance to take my sons away for a good value weekend. When I saw that it was going to be hottest couple of days of year we decided to get out of London - avoid the heat and as a bonus avoid the building works that seem to envelop us at the moment.

The travelodge in Brighton is well situated and we were delighted when we first saw it. The first problem was that I had not realised either because the information was hidden away or was not on the website that there is no on site parking. I had to park in an NCP carpark. Even with a hotel discount this cost me £18.50 for more than 4 hours. . .this made the value of the stay immediately very poor.

The room when we saw it was very clean a double bed with two camp beds for my teenage sons. However when we wanted to go to bed later that night we realised the limitations the room was very very hot (hottest day of the year remember!) the windows were sealed shut and then to our horror we realised the aircon was not working. Looking at the beds we also noted that there were only duvets on the bed no top sheets so we spent quite some time taking covers off to try and get some reasonable bedding.

Having had a lousy nights sleep the final straw was when the drilling started in the morning - HURRAH!!

The reception person seemed completely uninterested about our aircon problem , perhaps he had also enjoyed an airless night in a tropical room?

Such a shame as generally I really do like this chain will be giving Brighton a miss until the winter though!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
2  Thank Anya145
Reviewed 19 July 2014

No staff on booking in, or out. Room stifling hot, with no air con, or window that opens. Backs onto very noisy nightclub (as they are!) No toiletries. Shower had very little pressure. Reception area was 3rd world and very barren. Bar...no thanks. Awful and everyone Eastern European. No staff on booking out.

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Stayed here for one night in July (thank god only one night) on a business trip. Couldn't get anywhere else due to graduation ceremonies. Grubby looking place really from the outside and completely character-less. Tiny room....although relatively clean except that my feet stuck to grubby carpet. Really really bad paintwork on walls. Roasting hot room (did get a fan or I might have melted away during the night). On the positive it was nice and quiet and bed was really comfy with crisp white sheets etc. shower was useless....Breakfast was just ok. Wouldn't go back unless I really had to.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank RosieleeIreland
Reviewed 11 July 2014

This was a last minute booking as we were supposed to be in a different hotel. The room was ok, but supposed to be a twin, it was actually a decent double and a fold out cot, which was hard and uncomfortable. The bottom sheet was this stretchy bobbly scratchy thing that wasnt comfortable at all. The bathroom had no tolietries except for a small bottle of body wash. when we went out in the evening we bought some soap, but never got to use it as there was no hot water in the morning. I spoke to someone else staying who said there had been none in the evening either!
The food in the restaurant is pretty awful, I didnt think you could mess up fish and chips.. the chips were hard and not very warm, clearly old. The fish was like cardboard.We had the breakfast which was just about tolerable.
But i cannot say enough good things about the staff! They were all lovely, friendly helpful people! They were the only thing that improved this hotel.

Room Tip: we had 110 which looked out over the street and a noisy bar, but it wasnt that noisy
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends