“Great pizza and reasonable prices”
Review of Woodbox Pizzeria

Woodbox Pizzeria
Ranked #298 of 1,267 Restaurants in Brighton
Price range: US$9 - US$20
Description: Located in the heart of Kemptown a few steps back from Brighton's beautiful seafront. We offer traditional Napoli style pizzas which we make and cook in front of you in our beautiful roaring oven. We only ever use the best quality ingredients for our pizzas, many of which are sourced from our own Sussex doorstep. Our dough is made from fine Italian 00 flour and proved for a minimum of 24 hours.
Reviewed 28 September 2017

Ate here twice during my stay in Brighton. On both occasions, the pizza was very good. The menu is relatively limited but the choice is excellent - imaginative combinations. On the second occasion I ate the Quattro - four different pizzas on one. Good choice if you can't make up your mind. The wine was nice - I had the table red on the first visit and that was very drinkable.
Nothing flash about the place - just really good, oven-fired pizza and nice service. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

I've become a bit of a Woodbox regular ... gossipy lunch with my girl-mates, a quick bite at the bar with my love, and a fab pizza fest after completing my first ever London to Brighton bike ride. Every time the food has been delicious and staff have been completely lovely. The recent weekly special was possibly the most delicious pizza I've ever eaten - I can't remember all the details but it was topped with chili and and - I can't think of a nicer combination. Now that autumn is setting in, eating at the bar in the glow of that wood fired oven watching the pizzas emerging all puffy bread and bubbling cheese is a joy. Woodbox is a great addition to our little Kemptown community.

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Very burned pizza, especially bottom! But pastry was raw under the ingredients
10 pounds for a pizza with 4 pieces of ham but half kilo of red onion!
Poor service as well. Waitresses picked lemon for the water with her hands and one minute before she was sitting outside with her phone. Obviously she didn't wash her hands!
I cannot believe that nobody complain before after to see this, so I guess all the critics are fakes!

2  Thank DanielSmith62
Management response:Responded 21 September 2017

We're really, really sorry that you had a bad experience with us and we would be more than happy to make it right for you if you wanted to visit us again.
Occasionally, mistakes unfortunately can happen, and if you'd only said something to us whilst you were in the restaurant, we would have immediately & without question remade your pizza to our usual high standard and hopefully have left you with a better impression of us.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

Early supper for me and the kids. Kids ate every morsel including piling delish lambs lettuce onto their pizza. I went for the 4 toppings choice and was really impressed with herby taste sensation (fresh rosemary, but not overwhelming as it could have been). House red lovely and light too. Half price for kids' food. Fab.

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Had a meal for two on Saturday evening
Quite a new restaurant staff very helpful and friendly food really nice as well
The only gripe really is it's a very limited menu