“Very very good. 5 stars.”

The Ivy in the Lanes
Reserve with OpenTable
The Ivy in the Lanes is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #221 of 1,315 Restaurants in Brighton
Price range: US$32 - US$77
Description: The Ivy in the Lanes offers sophisticated and friendly all-day dining to local businesses, residents, shoppers and visitors alike. The Ivy in the Lanes will offer a selection of all-encompassing menus, serving breakfast, weekend brunch, lunch, afternoon tea, light snacks, bespoke cocktails and dinner. The brasserie will have a DJ spinning music every Thursday, Fri
Reviewed 27 June 2018

Ambience and decor - amazing and mesmerising ;
Service - faultless and classy;
Food - generous portions, good variety, tasty;
Price - value for money

A place to return to - a delightful transformation of the Old Post Office and a treasure in the Lanes.

1  Thank JoD57

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

I work away from home in Brighton four nights a week and I’ve been to The Ivy in the Lanes 4 times now - the first visit in their first week was a bit wobbly (food not too hot), but much better since. The building is gorgeous, and the quirky treatment is spot-on and very Brighton. Staff are excellent and appropriately attentive without being overbearing.

I must call out the Ivy Shepherds Pie for special comment - it brings a lump that my throat in a very good way. It was my beloved late Father’s Signature Dish, but he made one improvement which surpasses even The Ivy’s very creditable attempt - a layer of Heinz Baked Beans just under the potato!! Maybe I should suggest that the the Management - if they did that it would be 11/10 for me, rather than the mere 10/10 I am happy to give them.

Well done The Ivy.

1  Thank InvictaGC
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Came here for my friends birthday, lovely staff, very disappointed with the food, monk fish curry... over cooked and tough, sent it back, chef said he couldn’t do another as it was all like that, chose crab linguine, obviously heated in the microwave , although this was denied, hot in some parts cold in others, that got sent back... then we gave up and still got charged for starters and bottle of wine! Massively disappointed!

2  Thank Corinne2603
Reviewed 25 June 2018

We have dined twice in the last month and both occasions were awesome. The professionalism, charm, efficient friendly service and the lovely food just made both visits terrific.
I have to mention Carmen, our waitress, as she was amazing and super efficient, and we never had to request anything as she was always there, topping up the wine, the water, seeing that our guests were happy, thank you!!!

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

I was really excited to hear about this restaurant opening, and visited for lunch on a Saturday when it had been open for almost 2 months. It wasn’t fully booked, which I found sad, but obviously made good service less of a challenge. The service they offer is more ambitious than any other establishment in Brighton - runners knowing who has ordered what, without having to ask - and they pulled it off.

Food and drinks were delicious - my aunt and I had the fish cake and crab linguine with sweet potato and creamed spinach sides, plus cappuccino cake and the infamous chocolate bombe for dessert. I had two cocktails, including one garnished with delicious candy floss.

The dining room is beautifully decorated, and I think the contemporary DJ is a nice twist. I hear the gents is less worthy of a visit than the ladies!

All in all, a great restaurant, and I really hope it does well, as it could really elevate the food scene in Brighton. I’m disappointed for those who have left reviews about poor service, that certainly wasn’t our experience. I had been very much looking forward to this and it exceeded my expectations.

1  Thank beckyeh26