“Lunch”

Price range: US$13 - US$33
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Called for a light lunch ,quite a pleasent cafe,friendly staff ,good fresh food well cooked and presented

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Being a Brightonian who loves eating I have tried a lot of cafes in Brighton and I keep coming back here. The food is great, I don't think I've ever not been totally happy. The veggie breakfast is delicious, the burgers ( a fairly new addition to the menu) are the best around and fantastic chips. They also have very friendly waiters and good coffee. It's also a fab spot for people watching- grab a table in the window and watch the world go by.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Went here for lunch with a friend -have a tastecard which gives 2 4 1 if you book in advance. We both opted for ciabattas for our main followed by two huge pieces of cake...the food was excellent and the cakes were so soft & moist - service excellent. The only downside for us on the day was where we were seated was a bit cramped as there were a lot of pushchairs everywhere. Seating at the front of the café was more relaxed on the day we visited. But quality & value for money were excellent and we will be returning - even if paying full price it is still worth a visit!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

We’ve visited here several times before, and this time we visited on Saturday and sat outside at one of the tables in the glorious sunshine whilst waiting for my friend to arrive. Temptation do a great range of teas as well as all the usual items and their range of cakes always look so tempting! We were only planning to have a drink but the cooked breakfasts being served to tables nearby looked so tempting we decided to have brunch here instead of our planned lunch elsewhere. We also like the knitted tea cosies they have – some great designs! Friendly, efficient service and the breakfasts we had were fantastic and freshly cooked with locally sourced ingredients – would definitely recommend and we’ll likely have brunch here again on our next visit to Brighton.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I have walked past this restaurant for ages on Gardner St in the North Laines of Brighton and never stopped for a bite to eat. I was going to Carluccio's on the first day of the festival (3 May 2014) and there was a 25 min wait for a table so we decided to find something else. As we were going to a cabaret in the Komedia at 2.30pm we decided to eat here. I advised my Greek friend not to expect too much as I didn't know the place and Brighton is notorious for bad food; (sorry it is) - so we just hoped it would be edible at least. They were very busy but they had on five waiters and the owner himself serving so our wait was short and when the food arrived, we had ordered a classic burger with extra cheese and portobello mushroom and my Greek friend had an all day breakfast. The burgers are home made and have just been introduced to the menu seemingly. Well it was amazing and I don't use that word lightly. It was the best burger I have ever had in the UK and even better than a place in Athens Greece that I know. Do yourself a favour and check it out, it is cheap and the service is good, the location is great and the owner was really pleasant and getting his hands dirty with the rest of the crew, 10/10