“Very accommodating”

Ole Ole Tapas Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #139 of 1,209 Restaurants in Brighton
Price range: US$16 - US$57
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Ole Ole Tapas Bar & Restaurant is a lively spot complete with Flamenco dancers, live bands and delicious Spanish cuisine.Relish in the finest Sangria, tapas and true Spanish ambiance, featuring an authentic floor show of Flamenco music and dance. Travel to Spain with Ole Ole and join us for an "Evening in Andalusia". Ole Ole is all about honest food of the earth, natural and real.
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We had a work evening out here during the busy Xmas season. We had pre-booked our table but a few of us ended up running late but the staff were very accommodating and were happy to wait for all of our party to arrive and not making us change tables.
The food was yummy...being a big group we ordered most things off of the menu and dipped into everything. I would say the portion of paella would definitely serve more than two people.
We went on a Friday evening and got the pleasure of having the flamenco dancer at the bottom of our table, she was wonderful, as was the accompanying music.
An all round great place for food, drinks and entertain :-)

Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Great tapas restaurant far more in line with a traditional tapas bar in Spain. Too many restaurants attempt to replicate but get the pricing or the food wrong (iberico chain gets the pricing badly wrong. Tapas shouldn't be over £7 per dish!).

Ole ole has a great holiday atmosphere with great value fantastic quality food. The steak on hot plate was a triumph and the patatas bravas were superb.

My only negative was the calamari which was perfectly cooked but retained lots of oil in the batter so not appetising.

I would recommend to anyone around the lanes who are hungry!

Reviewed 8 August 2014

We sat outside although there are only two tables outside and the street scene in the Laines not the most vibrant here. As it turned out, when the Flamenco began indoors, this was actually quite a good position, not wishing to have too noisy a distraction to our supper. Very friendly and helpful waiters and good guidance on the specials etc. A very tasty supper comprising five dishes between two cost only £ 24 - very good value and almost certainly half of what one would have expected to pay in London.

Very good, would always eat there again. Apparently this is the only tapas bar boasting flamenco in Brighton....if you a re a fan !

Reviewed 4 August 2014

A couple of the students are regulars so booked us all in.. Good atmosphere on a Friday night - lively. Male dancer - excellent mover, though I'd have preferred a female in a frilly dress. Some yobs taking the mickey out of him, though can't blame the restaurant for that. The stage is very small and I just happened to be sitting right next to it so the dancer was literally inches away from me at times.(later in the evening an elderly male customer who had been drinking went up on stage to perform - you would NOT want to be sitting nearby in that situation!)
I just had two tapas items and they arrived very quickly. Lots of people who ordered a main (generally fish) had to wait quite a while. There was no bread to nibble on (I asked for it later and it was quite acceptable - with some sort of mayo not butter) Also the water was very slow arriving. Nice though, jugs with ice and lemon.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

This was a first visit. Staff were pleasant and food was lovely. The dancing started by a male dancer at about 8.30 pm, but as I was still eating I had to keep turning around to see it. I felt this spoilt me enjoying the food.
This restaurant has a nice cosy feel to it though and the staff have done well to give it a spanish feel.