“Great Local Pub”

Ranked #432 of 1,154 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Locals and foodies mix in this delightfully bright and cheerful family-friendly food pub – a hidden gem, which has remained busy and buzzy since it opened six years ago. Something of a local institution, this fabulous pub serves good honest food, prepared with skill and passion. Beautifully prepared roast meals are served on Sundays from 12 to 6pm. With superb Sussex reared meats, a vegetarian and fish option as well as small portions for children, it’s hard to find a reason not to visit.
“Great Local Pub”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I've been to the PPT a few times since it reopened and must say I find it much improved and a great local pub for the community. It was previously more of a restaurant and now it's been redone with a proper pub feel and it's much more welcoming and probably the one of the best places locally for a good pint and great food.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank KRTurboBoost

“Very disappointing”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We live locally and used to visit the Preston Park Tavern on a regular basis with our family and always enjoyed great food in a lovely, bright and friendly atmosphere. We were keen to see what the newly refurbished place was like. We made a reservation for dinner at 7.30 and when we arrived we were shown to our table which was two small round tables pushed together with low stools to sit on. We were given the menus out of a glass on the table and told that we had to order at the bar. After waiting a while whilst the girl behind the bar loaded the dishwasher and chatted to her friends who were drinking at the bar I placed our order. We sat down waiting for our food and looked around at a dark and dated decor, it looked to me like it could benefit from a refurb, not like it had just had one. The food arrived after approx 15 mins and we we told that our children who are 11 and 13 would have to leave the premises at 8:00. This would only give us 15 mins to eat our meal. We all had burger, which were ok. Whilst still eating we were reminded at 8:00 that the children must leave, I explained that we were still eating but was told, "sorry it's our policy" we finished our food and left promptly. What a huge disappointment as we used to love the place, I certainly won't be going back. Off to the jolly poacher next time.

Visited May 2014
5 Thank Ben S
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Good food and atmosphere”
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Haven't been in quite a while but returned today and wasn't disappointed although my meal sounded slightly nicer on the menu than it did in real life which is why I didn't give a 5! Really lovely friendly staff and a great beer garden :)

1 Thank Chris R
London, United Kingdom
“Good to have it as a pub”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Have visited to drink on a couple of occasions and will eat soon, first impressions are attentive staff, big choice of beers (no Harvey's apparently as they charge too much) and a nice atmosphere.

Reading the other reviews here it appears it appears some locals miss their restaurant, personally I'm happy to have an innovative and welcoming pub near my house.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Ted S
Brighton
“We use it now”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We have Been in the PPT a few times since it's reincarnation and have been impressed, it's always busy. The staff are jovial and they seem happy if you want to have a meal or just a drink, which is a change as it was previously basically a restaurant, they used to be quite annoyed if you just wanted a pint!

I never used to use it as if I want a full on restaurant then I prefer to go into town, but in my opinion the food has been excellent, with a less stuffy atmosphere, won't suit everybody no doubt!

• Visited April 2014