“A good experience despite previous negative reviews”
Review of Kemp Spice

Kemp Spice
Reserve with OpenTable
Kemp Spice is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #738 of 1,203 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 22 March 2013

Having read some negative previous comments about this restuarant, I was pleasantly surprised to find the staff friendly and attentive, the food very tasty and portions of a good size. I took a party of 6 to celebrate my daughter's 30th birthday last night, using a living social voucher and we had a thoroughly enjoyable evening.

The restaurant is a family run business and offers good value food in fairly basic but entirely acceptable surroundings. We will certainly go back.

Reviewed 19 March 2013

We went here last night on a living social deal and were extremely happy with both the service and quality of food. The Chicken chilli masala is outstanding in both flavour and heat. You could taste all the fresh ingredients that were used to make this very yummy curry. We shall be returning just for this dish alone! The starters were very nice, I had the magic mushrooms which were deep fried balls of mushrooms and minced lamb combined with fresh chilli, garlic and corriander - highly recommended. My partner had the chicken pakora which was also very nice and cooked fresh in house. The wine list is also very reasonable. We found the service to be very friendly and not intrusive at all.

Reviewed 26 January 2013

Worth a try but just don't do a special occasion, it won't be worth it. Perverse for a cheap curry and ok for the moves it worth it. Just have to ignore the female manager she's a miserable so and so.

Reviewed 12 January 2013

The food was average, the restaurant looked alright but the staff were rude! I took a friend on a living social deal and the waitress was rude. They seemed annoyed that we were there on a deal and when we asked to take our leftovers home we were told it would cost us £4 because of the deal. This is the first time a restaurant has asked for money to allow leftovers be taken away! I suppose they rather throw them away.... Bizarre. Will not be going there again.

2  Thank 583Cathy
Reviewed 18 November 2012

I took my partner on a living social deal, which was £19.00 for 2 with Starters, Main and Wine and I'm glad it was on a deal. The food was very average almost bland for Indian. No soon had we finished our starter the main was brought out, no hot plates to keep the food warm, so it went cold extremely quickly. It was somewhat oily and going cold enhanced the sight of the oil. On the whole I can say that I have had worst Indian food, but I can also say that Kemp Spices weren't great. The staff (excluding the woman manger who was extremely miserable) were pleasant and helpful.