“A little gem”

Price range: US$30 - US$34
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Mediterraneo Deli is a slice of Sicily specialising in regional Sicilian food. Restaurant by night, they also enjoy catering for all events, from lunch meetings to dinner parties and weddings. Friday & Saturday evenings, by reservation only. Mon to Thu Lunch/Dinner, by private hire only.
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The service is so personal I highly recommend this restaurant . All freshly cooked food at a reasonable price really worth a visit.

3  Thank david h
There are newer reviews for Mediterraneo Restaurant

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

I was very excited to eat here after reading a review in Viva Brighton, and it didn't disappoint! I would say it is the nicest place to eat in Brighton and I can't wait to go back. Mediterraneo is the perfect antidote to the pretentious 'jus of unicorn/poached bunny rabbit mousse' type of restaurant: just simple, delicious, home cooked food using good quality produce. The aubergine starter and veal main were wonderful. Giorgio is very welcoming and the overall feeling is that everything has a personal touch, which is very rare. He is very knowledgeable about the wines and we enjoyed polishing off a nice organic red. Everyone agreed that it was the best meal they'd had in Brighton (and probably in the whole universe) and I left feeling like I'd just been on a lovely holiday to Sicily! Giorgio and his wife should feel very proud of this special place.

8  Thank Bottletrip
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We had sole use of the whole restaurant on a Saturday night for my friends Hen Weekend in June. Giorgio at front of house did an amazing job of looking after 14 Hens and his wife Sonia cooked up some amazing food in the kitchen. All the starters and main courses were presented beautifully. I had the Cod which was extremely tasty. The restaurant is very intimate with a fantastic vibe and great decor. It was perfect for a "Ladies Hen Weekend", but would be just as perfect for a romantic evening. The owners Giorgio and Sonia are just delightful and nothing is too much trouble. The service and atmosphere and food truly made for a very special night. Thank you so much for making it great!!!

5  Thank Angela C
Reviewed 8 June 2014

what a fab restaurant. we arrived at 8pm and did not leave until 11 15pm! We were told to relax and take our time and we did. It was a lovely relaxing atmosphere the owner was very welcoming. It was a very small restaurant yet you felt all alone with your partner.The food was delicious and even though I didnt order a starter I was given a free sample of one! The owner was very passionate about food and wine ....he gave me a small free glass of red wine to compliment my lasagne. Finally when my sweet was served the chef has piped Happy Anniversary on the plate in choc sauce,,,,very touching. It really is a fab place to go to small and quirky yet delicious food with a personal touch, ....we would definately go back again.

3  Thank jane l
Reviewed 7 June 2014

This place is a real find and deserves its place as the No1 restaurant in Brighton - As it only serves food a couple of nights a week and only seats about 15 the number of 5 star reviews are amazing and well deserved.

The taxi driver had never heard of the place and only lived a few streets away so make sure you have the address - and book well in advance.

Food - the best

Thanks - we will be back

3  Thank Eastry