“Brilliant food”

SEA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brilliant food”
Reviewed 21 July 2011

I’ve been here twice, once for sitting in with veggie audience and once as takeaway, I’m a ravenous omnivore and this place rocks! It’s the only place I’ve seen in Brighton or Glasgow that gives you the 30rupees meal that you get in an Indian street restaurant- the quality here is obviously more varied and much higher!
Cracking!
Ben

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank exhort

Brighton
“Promises a lot, but delivered poorly.”
Reviewed 22 May 2011

I am happy to eat vegetarian and when my friend offered to take me to this restaurant, I will looking forward to this visit.

Sadly, we were both let down both by the food and the service. The food was very bland. Both our main dishes sounded very different but ended up looking and tasting very similar because of the same sauce base. It was disappointing.

My sister is a Buddhist and she rustles up better vegetarian dishes than what we had at Planet India.

The last straw was that we were charged for dishes and drinks we did not order. The manager was none too gracious and apologetic about it either.

Cannot recommend this restaurant.

• Visited May 2011
3 Thank Gregreviewer
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Better than many Indians but disappointed.”
Reviewed 19 May 2011

Been told that this place was excellent so went with high expectations. Whilst the dishes are certainly different they lack variety as it seemed they are all made with the same base. On this basis I can't say the food is better than average as Indian food is supposed to be about a variety of flavours when ordering 5 main dishes - which they lacked - they did all taste the same (though there famous starter was certainly interesting). So yes it is a nice restaurant, and brilliant for Vegetarians, with an interesting atmosphere and good service. I would recommend above many other Indian restaurants in town but it did leave me underwhelmed.

• Visited June 2010
2 Thank TimTomFitz
Brighton
“Outstanding food”
Reviewed 13 April 2011

We have been to Planet India in its current location only twice and on each occasion the food has been superb and the service very friendly. We ate several times in its previous incarnation in Hove and were very disappointed when it closed down - so were delighted to see it reappear in Brighton.

The restaurant serves exceptional southern Indian cuisine which is all veggie. There are some great starters to share and the main courses are available as half portions so you can choose to have two different curries - my favourite always being paneer and peas.

• Visited April 2011
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Wicked authentic south Indian food”
Reviewed 3 April 2011

Taste sensation, really great food. Great service and great atmosphere.