Planet India
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I wanted to try this place out after reading the reviews and I was not disappointed, this place is fantastic! Service was quick and friendly. Great selection of wines and beers. But now most importantly on to the food. It was delicious, some of the best Indian food I have ever eaten, great flavours, textures and excellent portion sizes. Excellent value for money too! I will definitely be returning, thank you for a wonderful meal.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

I had heard the hype and was excited to visit. I was expecting big things.

The service was great and the decor was vibrant and reminded me of places I have stayed in India so when the food arrived I was ready to be wowed. I ordered the spiciest curry they had!

It was a great size but was almost completely dry, with all the rice I had to keep washing it down with water. It was hot but had absolutely no flavor. I tasted my boyfriends curry and although it had more sauce and a little more flavor (due to the coconut milk) it was still a little bland.

Such a shame as all the reviews looked so promising. I may give it another shot but I won't be holding my breath...

2  Thank Caz M
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Blimey, Planet India must be doing something right then?

We stopped by for an inpromptu dinner on a recent Saturday, arrived at 6pm as the doors opened, to met wth a smile and "have you booked" ? we said no, just stopped by chance, and they told us every table was booked twice over tonight! - but if we could vacate by no later than 7 then we'd be ok. So we took up the chance!

Have to say what a personable guy the FoH chap is, really friendly, one of the bare foot brigade! ;)

Had a lovely meal, kind of homely authentic cooking, quirky, eclectic, hippie, veggie & vegan friendly, fits Brighton to a T, no fuss or finese for sure, but very tasty, and boy it was spicey HOT, we were sweating cobs :). Defo would return. Dinner for 2 for 20quid, come on.....

Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

Had always heard great things about Planet India and I'm kicking myself for not ordering sooner.

The food is superb and extremely delicious. I don't order a lot of Indian but I will from now on.

Highly recommended!

Reviewed 30 September 2013

Don't be put off by the appearance of the place. Very friendly, welcoming staff. Very good choice of authentic vegetarian Indian food. Varying levels of "hotness" - beware of the black chickpeas if you don't like it too hot!