“I wish reviews could be negative”
Review of Planet India

Planet India
Ranked #104 of 1,154 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Brighton, United Kingdom
“I wish reviews could be negative”
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I cant believe this place has been given such positive reviews. Now I know why Britain has been going downhill. it is because people have no sense and taste.
Authtentic Indian food served by authentic Indian food is there catchphrase. Authentic Indian 'hahaha'. Owner looked like a clown walking around with loose Kurta and shorts. He looked more like a tribal African than Indian. Decor of place was just yucky. I have seen better dhabas (road side shacks) in rural India. How can you serve cheap frozen paranthas in a restaurant. it is like serving tesco value frozen fish in fish and chip shop. It is real insult to Indian food and restaurants.
Now coming to their starters- I could make better bhel puri, samosa and kachoris as a student in UK without knowledge of cooking. Daal was just Ok but everything else- really horrible.
Please my friends especially the one who have sense of Indian food- do avoid it. Most bangladeshi restaurants claiming to be Indian are better than this.

• Visited November 2013
6 Thank Raj s

Winchester, United Kingdom
“No need to go to India”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We loved the beers and variety of home cooked meals which tasted just fanastic really good value great people could not fault the place other than maybe the carpet! But we were not there to eat the carpet!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Sedge2013
Brighton
“Great value & friendly service”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I went here with a group of friends on a Saturday night and had a great night. I have been to this place a couple of times and the main thing that stands out is the impeccable service and friendly staff. The location is a bit off the beaten track but near enough to Central Brighton to walk. The decor is a bit shabby chic with mismatched furniture and eclectic Indian Art, but it works. The food is the real draw - tasty, vegetarian (and vegan if you want) food that is so cheap! The menu doesn't change often so you can't go here every week (although I could probably eat their peas & paneer every week!). Great selection of beers and small choice of wines to complement the food. A buzzy, great value place to meet friends but maybe not the best choice for a romantic meal for two as it gets exceptionally busy, especially at weekends.

• Visited October 2013
Sunbury, United Kingdom
“Don't let the location stop you!”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I wanted to try this place out after reading the reviews and I was not disappointed, this place is fantastic! Service was quick and friendly. Great selection of wines and beers. But now most importantly on to the food. It was delicious, some of the best Indian food I have ever eaten, great flavours, textures and excellent portion sizes. Excellent value for money too! I will definitely be returning, thank you for a wonderful meal.

• Visited October 2013
Brighton, England, United Kingdom
“Was expecting better...”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I had heard the hype and was excited to visit. I was expecting big things.

The service was great and the decor was vibrant and reminded me of places I have stayed in India so when the food arrived I was ready to be wowed. I ordered the spiciest curry they had!

It was a great size but was almost completely dry, with all the rice I had to keep washing it down with water. It was hot but had absolutely no flavor. I tasted my boyfriends curry and although it had more sauce and a little more flavor (due to the coconut milk) it was still a little bland.

Such a shame as all the reviews looked so promising. I may give it another shot but I won't be holding my breath...

• Visited November 2012