“Excellent authentic Spanish food”

AguaDulce Restaurant
Ranked #93 of 1,209 Restaurants in Brighton
Price range: US$2 - US$32
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located on the Kings Road in Brighton, Bar Aguadulce is a bright and buzzy spot popular with locals and day-trippers from the capital who all love the down-to-earth atmosphere and authentic Spanish menu. Serving everything from tapas to fresh fish and homemade puddings, Bar Aguadulce is a good spot for get-togethers and after-work drinks-and-dinner dates. The restaurant has homely, um-pretentious and informal, with a very chilled vibe and the service is friendly. Strongly recommended are the Paellas and Rice dishes of which they are absolute specialists. Pop in for a glass of Sherry from their extensive selection, have it with a little tapa, or for a Schooner of the best Spanish beer imported in to the UK. Another feature worth mentioning is their menu which can be entirely prepared in a CELIAC friendly way. Gluten-free beers are also available and their gluten-free bread is baked in house by the Head Chef.
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Having traveled to Spain I am always wary of 'authentic' restaurants but the food here was as good as it gets. Excellent tapas and mains and even the house red was authentically Spanish (unfortunately!!). The staff were full of character and enthusiasm and the atmosphere inside was excellent. The cost was a little high - £110 for 3 people but we would pay that again for a treat.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,122)

Reviewed 11 August 2014

we had a great meal here on the 9/08/2014, it was my wife's 50th birthday dinner and everything was perfect ! I asked for a small birthday cake, and Cava on arrival, they could not be more helpful, the cava was perfect and the cake (which was made by the owners wife) was fantastic.
food and service was perfect and the price was very reasonable, shall go there again definitely.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Ate dinner here based on the strength of the Tripadvisor reviews. The place is nothing to look at outside and the interior could stand a facelift but the food is oustanding in every way.

We had a selection of tapas including the piquillo peppers stuffed with rice and black pudding, the tortilla, the beans and ham and padron peppers. All delicious and beautifully prepared and presented. My partner also had the grilled squid which was delicious - incredibly fresh and beautifully cooked. Thye have a big selection of tapas on the menu and then specials so lots to choose from.

I could not manage dessert but we shared the homemade almond cake which was incredible and served with elderflower icecream which I think was one of the most delicious things I have ever tasted.

They have a very Spanish winelist too and we had a gorgeous bottle of red which really complimented everything.

Staff were friendly and attentive and all Spanish so the place feels even more authentic. I have rarely eaten so well even in Spain so to get this quality and choice of food in the UK is very very special. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 10 August 2014

I particularly liked the tapas section of the menu which featured genuine Spanish dishes.
Overall excellent cuisine ; only criticism I would have is that the wine list is rather limited and not very interesting

Reviewed 10 August 2014

It's only my view and I haven't eaten in every tapas bar in England, but this one is undoubtedly the best I have eaten in.

1. Spanish waiters, so you have the feeling you are not in England.
2. Cleverly designed walls with stucco constrcuted Brighton landmarks.
3. Different tapas to what you see in most places.
4. Food top dollar both times we have been
5. Good value for money (my assessment is based upon enjoyment of it, compared to price and not price only)

Go. You will like it