“What a great little restaurant”
Review of Foodilic

Foodilic
Ranked #30 of 1,189 Restaurants in Brighton
Price range: US$3 - US$11
Cuisines: European, Cafe
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Went here on the spur of the moment due to fantastic window display! Service great and food wonderful. All you can eat buffet was great value for money.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I've been to Foodilic several times over the past few years, and I like it so much that I felt I had to share it with others. I'm glad to see that most reviewers also love the place. I won't go into too much detail, as others describe the setting and food very well; but I do want to add, is that in a country where good vegetables and salads are very, very hard to find in restaurants, this is my favorite place in all of England for precisely that -- fresh vegetables and salads. It is wonderful. And there is such a nice selection, that I never get bored, and never manage to try all the things I'd like. After my first visit I realized that there was no point in trying the soup or meat dishes -- they were good enough, but the vegetable dishes are so unusual for England, it's a shame to fill up with meat.
For expats in Englad who are in desperate need of sun, sea, and vegetables: there is no better day than taking the quick train to Brighton, shopping in the Laines, and eating your fill of veggies at Foodilic.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I've been coming here pretty regularly since it opened a few years ago. Initially, I hadn't expected much - I thought it might be a high volume-low quality place (as it's located firmly on a main road and tourist route in central Brighton) - but it turned out to be quite the opposite.

The set up is this: it's an "all you can eat" buffet with a difference - £6.45 per person (all days, all times) but the buffet bar is made up of around 10-12 fantastic salads. There are also usually 3 hot mains and a soup of the day all included the the £6.45 price (but drinks and puddings are extra).

The salad selection really is beyond impressive; this is certainly NOT a few limp iceberg leaves with a lone tomato resting on top! We're talking baby spinach with mushrooms in pesto, mange tout and green beans with walnuts in an orange zest dressing, roasted squash and root veg, herbed lentils, mixed pulses with peppers...you get the idea, it's premium salads you could eat as a main. The hot food tends to be home-style meat stews (cooked long, falling off the bone, great in winter) and a pasta option, mash or potatoes as the side carbs.

It's an amazing value place, and the staff are really friendly and helpful - you'd think they'd be trying to get you out quickly, but not at all - it's a relaxed atmosphere where you can get up for seconds (or thirds...or fourths!) whenever you like! I don't normally do "all you can eat" buffets, as it's just an excuse for excess, gluttony and over-eating your way into becoming a fat bloater, but this place is difference - it's a no guilt, no limits, high nutrition, holier-than-thou dinner experience.

If you want a bigger selection of hot food, Foodilic have a sister cafe/restaurant on Western Road (5 mins walk from the North Street branch). It's not a fixed-rate buffet affair, but still great value. But I definitely prefer the North Street one for their salads.

Helpful note: they don't have an alcohol licence, but you can bring your own and pay corkage (I think it was £1 per person)

In summary: best value meals I've had in the UK (and I've lived here all my life...!) Can't say enough good things about this. Only criticism: it closes early on Sunday at 6pm :(

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Had heard lots of good things about Foodilic from friends so decided to try it when I was in need of vegetables. It's fantastic. Value is unbeatable. Even my three-cuppa pot of lovely tea cost £1.40. The salad choice should be enough to keep anyone happy but I was amazed to see they also serve a choice of hot meat dishes also. Service was unbeatable. My friend and I concluded that the only people we know who might not enjoy this place were kids who were disappointed with anything that was unlike McDonalds. Sums it up, really.

Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

The most wonderful tasting salads I have ever eaten,thank you Foodillic,such incrediable flavours.it is so hard to find anywhere to eat that also has a vast gluten free choice. We will be back .