“Far from the same old sandwich”
Review of Tic Toc Cafe - CLOSED

Tic Toc Cafe
Price range: US$0 - US$16
Cuisines: European, French
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Situated in the heart of Brighton’s historic Lanes area, Tic Toc is a café / restaurant inspired by the classic café culture of Amsterdam’s Jordaan district, but with a distinctly ‘Brighton’ twist.The cafe is loosely themed around the quirky collection of clocks, cogs and other mechanical curiosities that decorate the space .We serve only the best coffees, teas and juices, using fair-trade and/or local produce wherever possible. We are also renowned for our great breakfast, lunches and cakes, serving a range of healthy options as well as many decadent specialities.....
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Small cafe in the heart of the Lanes. Delicious and imaginative sandwiches (I had the chorizo, hummous, rocket and roasted red pepper toasted sandwich, and it was one of the nicest sandwiches I have ever eaten). Hot chocolate is a cube of chocolate on a stick to melt in your mug of hot milk. The staff are friendly; the place is quirky and welcoming; the food is fresh and tasty....please can we have a Tic Toc Cafe in my town!

Reviewed 9 March 2013

AMAZING brownies, and a wonderfully light carrot cake! Also lovely friendly staff who were attentive even during a busy afternoon, recommend thoroughly!

Reviewed 23 February 2013

I have been to this cafe many times. It use to be very good. But on Saturday 23rd Feb 2013 I went just for coffee. We only ordered two coffees. The cafe was not even busy. After 10 minutes a cold white coffee arrived. £2.50 in a cup the size you would expect for 99p at a Wotherspoons pub. And even worse, they are now using the cheapest , bitterest coffee any coffee shop could buy. Probably from Lidl at a guess. The cappuccino we ordered never arrived. We waited 25 mins and it never came to the table. In that 25 mins not one member of staff walked into the restaurant. I walked up to the till to pay for the 1 coffee; All three female Saturday staff were busy talking. One stroking her hair in a food prep area. Would i ever go here again? Very unlikely. Just around the corner is Costa, Starbucks, and a whole selection of other coffee shops . Coffee shops who really can be bothered to look after loyal customers. Who can be bothered to actually give you what you asked for. TICTOC has obviously changed hands since i last went there. The new owners may want to look carefully at their staff choice. When i explained that i was only paying for the one coffee, as the other never arrived, one of the staff laughed at the girl who should have made the coffee. Yes i laughed as i walked out the door for the last time. On previous visits , over several years back, you had to queue to get in to this cafe. On this Saturday most tables were empty; no queue. I now know why.

Reviewed 1 February 2013

We called in as we walked past on our way to another cafe, and Tic Toc was a great treat. The first appearances are deceptive - mish-mash of furniture, but this adds to the charm of the cafe.

I was at first disappointed as my initial choice off the menu was discontinued, however I was very satisified with my other option. The menu offered a good range of choice, including a few interesting combinations. When the food was served, it was simple, fresh, full of flavour and great value.

It was busy, to the point where people were being turned away, so its obviously a popular place. If you can get a seat, its well worth it.

Reviewed 21 January 2013

Tiny little cafe offering a good selection of cakes and fancy's although the service was slow and un friendly when we visited on Sat 19th Jan 13