Sorry to say but what is stated on the website for THE GRAND is not what you get.
We had a deluxe sea view room with balcony, big room but at best can be described as crappy B&B, we asked to speak to the hotel manager and she did explain that the hotel was in need of a refurb and was getting one until the economy took a hit and they had done 4 rooms in total so far and the rest were on hold. We stated we were not staying and would check out so she moved us into one of the new rooms which were very nice (318) but still even though they had not long been done were not the best to say thay had spent £ 25k on each room and had already started to look tatty. The air conditioning did not go below 17 so we had to have all the windows open onto the balcony and were kept awake until 6 with all the shouting going on from the bars and clubs empting out and everyone walking down the sea front.
The restaurant was appalling and we sent each course back in the end we only paid for a bottle of white wine but all we wanted was a good meal which we had been told " the food was wonderful" NOT.
In the end we went to an Indian restaurant down The Lanes called Indian Summer which was wonderful.
In all a very poor hotel in very much need of a total refit and one I will not be going back to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is a truly remarkable hotel. An iconic Victorian building, it stands centre stage on the vibrant Brighton seafront and is a local landmark. Magnificent, imposing and the epitome of luxury. This is The Grand, Brighton. Following a recent extensive refurbishment, The Grand experience is one you will never forget. It's in the splendour of the 123 step sweeping staircase, the exquisite textures in the bedrooms, the delectable cuisine in GB1 restaurant and the sumptuous surroundings of The Spa at The Grand. It's in the stunning seaviews and the warmth with which you are welcomed. It's in its innate sense of style. The magnificent Grand is a popular location for films and television shows. Coronation Street, Eastenders and Only Fools and Horses have all shot episodes in the hotel. For the complete Brighton experience, it has to be The Grand, Brighton. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Grand Brighton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The De Vere Grand Brighton Hotel Brighton
- De Vere Grand Brighton
- De Vere Grand Hotel Brighton
- Brighton Grand Hotel