We arrived, and our room wasn't quite ready, so decided to sit in the bar and have a drink and snack. The waitress serving us took the time to have a really good chat, very friendly. Obviously loves her job, and enjoys working in the hotel. It was quite refreshing!
Went up to our room - we had one Deluxe King rooms of the with a large balcony overlooking the sea. The room was beautiful, comfortable and delightfully furnished - We had a sofa to enjoy the freshly made breakfast, a desk with the high speed ethernet internet, and then a separate table at which to work or relax whilst looking over the sea. Plenty of space to relax in. The TV was large, and had cable - so no getting bored on the bad weather days of Brighton. The bathroom had everything you could want.
The concierge staff couldn't do more to help us, same with the housekeeping - nothing was too much to ask.
The only downside, we stayed here a few nights, but the first was a very, very stormy night - and discovered the balcony doors weren't quite shutting properly, but maintenance took a look at that for us the next day.
Looking forward to staying here again, we loved it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is a truly remarkable hotel. An iconic Victorian building, it stands centre stage on the vibrant Brighton seafront and is a local landmark. Magnificent, imposing and the epitome of luxury. This is The Grand, Brighton. Following a recent extensive refurbishment, The Grand experience is one you will never forget. It's in the splendour of the 123 step sweeping staircase, the exquisite textures in the bedrooms, the delectable cuisine in GB1 restaurant and the sumptuous surroundings of The Spa at The Grand. It's in the stunning seaviews and the warmth with which you are welcomed. It's in its innate sense of style. The magnificent Grand is a popular location for films and television shows. Coronation Street, Eastenders and Only Fools and Horses have all shot episodes in the hotel. For the complete Brighton experience, it has to be The Grand, Brighton. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Grand Brighton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The De Vere Grand Brighton Hotel Brighton
- De Vere Grand Brighton
- De Vere Grand Hotel Brighton
- Brighton Grand Hotel